Bollywood’s reigning Khans – Shah Rukh and Salman created a storm when it was announced that their upcoming big ticket films, ‘Raees’ and ‘Sultan’ were slated to hit screens on the same day – Eid 2016.
While the frenemies were least bothered by the so-called clash, fans had divided sentiments about the superstars picking the same day for their respective films.
But in a turn of events, according to a Mid-Day report, Shah Rukh Khan and Salman Khan had a little chat, deciding that it was not wise to have films release on the same day, especially since have great respect for each other’s work and don’t consider the other as competition.
Salman Khan, who has owned the festival of Eid for a while as far as his Box Office releases are concerned, has decided to give up his Eid slot for Shah Rukh Khan. Hence, ‘Raees’ will release on Eid 2016 as planned. But Salman’s ‘Sultan’ will be out on Diwali 2016.
- Shah Rukh Khan's Raees to release in January 2017, won't clash with Salman's Sultan
- Shah Rukh Khan's Raees to clash with Salman Khan's Sultan, confirms Ritesh Sidhwani
- Ritesh Sidhwani rubbishes reports of Shah Rukh Khan starrer 'Raees' being postponed
- We are releasing Raees on Eid, Salman Khan will decide on Sultan's release: Farhan Akhtar
- Salman Khan on 'Sultan' vs 'Raees' clash: There is enough time to build enough theatres to accommodate both
- Salman Khan's 'Sultan' vs Shah Rukh Khan's 'Raees' on Eid 2016
Salman and Shah Rukh have clashed at the Box Office in 2006 as well, when ‘Jaan-e-Mann’ and ‘Don’ released on the same day. However, it did not work out in Salman Khan’s favour.
An official statement from the Yash Raj Films, which is producing Salman Khan’s ‘Sultan’, is still awaited.