Salman Khan is delivering one hit after another and the bar of collections just keep rising with each film of his. The actor’s latest release ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ has shattered all previous records of Salman Khan films as it grossed a whopping Rs. 40.35 crore on the opening day itself. (Read ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’s review here)
Salman Khan’s last movie ‘Bajrangi Bhaijaan’, which released on July 17, had grossed Rs. 27.25 crores on the opening day.
Released on a total of 4, 500 screens in the country alone, the Sooraj Barjatya film has brought the age old Prem of movies like ‘Hum Apke Hain Koun’ and ‘Maine Pyaar Kiya’ back onscreen. The actor – director jodi has delivered their fourth blockbuster.
Salman Khan is seen romancing Sonam Kapoor in ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’, which also features actors like Neil Nitin Mukesh as Salman’s step brother, Swara Bhaskar as his sister and veteran actor Anupam Kher.
Taran Adarsh termed ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’s start to be outstanding and he tweeted:
#PremRatanDhanPayo collects ₹ 40.35 cr on Day 1. Hindi version only… Tamil and Telugu biz being compiled… OUTSTANDING START!
— taran adarsh (@taran_adarsh) November 13, 2015
Salman Khan plays double role in the film which is a treat for his fans this Diwali. The festive season seems to have started on a good note for the cast of the film.
- Before Tiger Zinda Hai, here’s how Salman Khan’s last five films have performed at the box office
- Salman Khan, Sonam Kapoor’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ collects Rs 172.82 crore in eight days
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ might cross the Rs. 150 crore mark today
- Salman Khan thanks fans for watching ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’, watch video
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ earns Rs. 71.38 cr in two days, inches close to 100 cr mark
- Salman, Sonam’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ becomes the highest opening day grosser
Having a long weekend, and this being just a start to it, ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ might emerge as a winner in the long run.