Superstar Salman Khan says film reviewers are entitled to express their personal views about a movie, but they should refrain from belittling the hard work of a film’s team.
The actor, whose ‘Bajrangi Bhaijaan’ releases on Friday (July 17) a day prior to Eid, also feels that a negative review plays with the viewers’ mind with a question to ‘watch it or not’ and in the end, it is the producer who incurs a loss.
“Such people, who give reviews, should say that they don’t like the movie instead of saying bad things about the movies. Such people don’t influence the movie, but now the ticket prices have also risen and there are some people who follow the review and might not watch the film because of a bad review and because of that we lose that person’s ticket which affects the producer,” Salman Khan said during a radio interview.
- Salman Khan begins shooting for Race 3, shares photo from mahurat shot
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui's Monsoon Shootout to clash with Salman Khan's Tiger Zinda Hai
- Salman Khan's Bharat to arrive on Eid 2019. Here's everything to know about the film
- EXCLUSIVE | Kabir Khan on Tubelight failure: Hope it doesn't make Salman Khan wary of experimenting
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan': Triumph of brotherhood across borders
- Salman Khan's Eid connection - this time it's 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan'
The ‘Dabangg’ star is known for his action-filled adventures, woven with music, drama and romance, on the big screen. It is probable that he won’t disappoint his fans this time as well with ‘Bajrangi Bhaijaan’.
The Kabir Khan directorial narrates the story of a man’s journey from India to Pakistan in his endeavour to take a dumb and mute girl back to her country. It will hit the screens on Friday.
Asked about the surge of media channels and social platforms with reviewers from all age groups, Salman said that “they can give him minus rating”, but doesn’t let it affect him as he trusts his fan following.
“This is our mistake, there are some actors and producers who think that such reviews will affect their movie, but I say that you guys give me minus ratings, in fact don’t even waste ink for writing about my movies, then I will see that my fans watch the movie or not,” said the “Kick” star.