A strong posse of policemen has been deployed at the sessions court in Mumbai which is set to deliver its verdict today in the 2002 hit-and-run case involving Bollywood actor Salman Khan even as his family offered prayers ahead of the outcome.
At Salman Khan’s home Galaxy Apartment in suburban Bandra, his family members – mother Salma, brothers Arbaaz and Sohail Khan, sisters Alvira and Arpita have been offering prayers since last night. (Read: Shah Rukh meets Salman Khan ahead of the verdict)
“We are all eagerly waiting for the verdict and we hope all will go well,” Salman‘s father and noted scriptwriter Salim Khan said.
Salman Khan‘s mother has been visiting temples since a few days, family sources said.
Salman Khan returned from Jammu and Kashmir yesterday where he had been shooting for his home production ‘Bajrangi Bhaijaan’ which is due to release in July.
The actor arrived in the evening and spent time with his family at home, the sources added.
- Salman Khan starrer Bajrangi Bhaijaan to release in China this week
- Salman Khan and family celebrate Salma Khan’s birthday. See photos
- See inside pictures of Arpita Khan Sharma’s anniversary party. Salman Khan, Katrina Kaif, Iulia Vantur were all present
- We leave the rest to God and pray for the best, tweets Salman Khan’s baby sister Arpita
- Salman Khan hit-and-run case: Sister Arpita thanks bhai’s fans for ‘duas’ and ‘love’
- Twitterati reach out to Salman Khan before hit-and-run verdict
Judge D W Deshpande has summoned Salman to the sessions court at 11.15 AM when the verdict is expected to be delivered in the over 12-year-old case.
The actor is facing charges under IPC for culpable homicide not amounting to murder which attracts maximum 10 years imprisonment.
On September 28, 2002 Salman’s car had allegedly rammed into a bakery in suburban Bandra killing one person and injuring four others who were sleeping outside. PTI SVS NRB DK DV