Bollywood superstar Salman Khan has done it again. The actor’s latest venture ‘Kick’ has collected a whopping Rs 83 crore in its opening weekend. ‘Kick‘ however was not able to break the record of two of Salman Khan’s previous starrers – ‘Ek Tha Tiger’ and ‘Bodyguard’.
Ek Tha Tiger had entered the Rs 100 crore club on its first weekend and ‘Bodyguard’ earned Rs 88 crore in its first weekend.
Salman Khan’s ‘Jai Ho’, which released earlier this year, had managed to collect only Rs 60 crore in the opening weekend.
#Kick has a SPECTACULAR weekend. Fri 26.50 cr, Sat 27.15 cr, Sun 30.18 cr. Total: ₹ 83.83 cr nett. India biz. REMARKABLE!
— taran adarsh (@taran_adarsh) July 28, 2014
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
Going by the current figures, looks like Kick might enter the elite Rs 100 crore club by the end of the day. Further, Eid, which is being celebrated in India on July 29, is expected to give a boost to the film’s collection.
Should ‘Kick’ enter the Rs 100 crore club on Monday (July 28) then the film’s collection will be at par with Aamir Khan’s ‘Dhoom: 3’ (2013). Meanwhile, Shah Rukh khan’s ‘Chennai Expres’ which released on Eid last year had entered the Rs 100 crore club in four days of its release.