Bollywood superstar Salman Khan has done it again. The actor’s latest venture ‘Kick’ has collected a whopping Rs 83 crore in its opening weekend. ‘Kick‘ however was not able to break the record of two of Salman Khan’s previous starrers – ‘Ek Tha Tiger’ and ‘Bodyguard’.
Ek Tha Tiger had entered the Rs 100 crore club on its first weekend and ‘Bodyguard’ earned Rs 88 crore in its first weekend.
Salman Khan’s ‘Jai Ho’, which released earlier this year, had managed to collect only Rs 60 crore in the opening weekend.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
#Kick has a SPECTACULAR weekend. Fri 26.50 cr, Sat 27.15 cr, Sun 30.18 cr. Total: ₹ 83.83 cr nett. India biz. REMARKABLE!
— taran adarsh (@taran_adarsh) July 28, 2014
Going by the current figures, looks like Kick might enter the elite Rs 100 crore club by the end of the day. Further, Eid, which is being celebrated in India on July 29, is expected to give a boost to the film’s collection.
Should ‘Kick’ enter the Rs 100 crore club on Monday (July 28) then the film’s collection will be at par with Aamir Khan’s ‘Dhoom: 3’ (2013). Meanwhile, Shah Rukh khan’s ‘Chennai Expres’ which released on Eid last year had entered the Rs 100 crore club in four days of its release.
Kick also stars Randeep Hooda, Jacqueline Fernandez and Nawazuddin Siddiqui.