There is bad news for Salman Khan’s young fans. Kids who form a sizeable slice of his mammoth fan-following need to be accompanied by adults to be able to see their favourite superstar’s latest film ‘Jai Ho’.
The film has been passed by the Censor Board Of Film Certification with a ‘UA’ certificate, and a number of cuts.
“Actually, this is quite an unusual situation for a Salman Khan starrer. His films are usually passed with a ‘U’ certificate with minimum or no cuts. But ‘Jai Ho’ is a political thriller about a common man (Salman)’s successful attempt to foil an assassination bid against a chief minister. There are many very hard-hitting dialogues against corruption in present day Indian politics. This is Salman’s first film with a strong political statement,” said a source.
Apparently, the censor board asked for some of Salman Khan’s tirade against corrupt netas and their dubious ‘netagiri’ to be toned down or beeped out.
Says the source, “There were no abusive dialogues. Salman Khan doesn’t abuse on screen. But there are several references to current politics that could have made real-life politicians uncomfortable. These have gone. Also, some seconds from a few action scenes that were found to be lengthy.”
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
With the cuts and the ‘UA’ certificate Jai Ho becomes Salman’s first censor-restricted film. Under-age fans would just have to cheer and whistle in grown-up company this time.