Bollywood superstar Salman Khan’s latest film ‘Jai ho’ has managed to collect over Rs 60 crore in the opening weekend in India.
‘Jai Ho’ has garnered a mixed response from the audience and critics alike.
The movie, despite mixed reviews, saw a rise in the collections on Sunday, which was Republic Day.
Noted film critic Taran Adarsh gave the official figures, “#JaiHo Fri 17.75 cr, Sat 16.68 cr, Sun est 26.25 cr. Total: ₹ 60.68 cr nett. India biz only. Figures from my sources & confirmed with Eros.”
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
With this collection ‘Jai Ho’ stands at the 12th spot in top opening weekend grossers. Shah Rukh (with preview) and Aamir Khan had entered the Rs 100 crore club post the opening weekend with ‘Chennai Express’ (Rs 100.42 cr) and Dhoom: 3 (Rs 107.72 cr) respectively. In fact Salman Khan’s blockbuster film ‘Ek Tha Tiger had collected Rs 100.16cr in the opening weekend in 2010.
Trade analysts also believe that Salman Khan’s ‘Jai ho’ may not be able to collect the huge figures that were expected from it.
The Sohail Khan film also stars Tabu, Danny Denzongpa, Suniel Shetty and newcomer Daisy Shah.
‘Jai Ho’ is about the angst of a common man who has to fight against corruption to make ends meet.