Salman Khan’s ‘Jai Ho’ may have been deprived of a bumper start but the movie has managed to secure its position in the elite Rs 100 crore club on the fourth day of its release.
Eros International, in a statement, said that ‘Jai Ho’ has collected Rs 100 crore worldwide as of January 27. The Sohail Khan directed film was released in approximately 5000 screens worldwide on January 24.
However, ‘Jai Ho’ could not get a bumper start unlike the earlier Salman Khan-starrers such as – ‘Ek Tha Tiger’ (Rs 32.93 cr), ‘Bodyguard’ (Rs. 21.60 cr) and ‘Dabangg 2’ (Rs. 21.10 cr).
In the opening weekend ‘Jai Ho’ had collected Rs. 60.68 crore in India. At the domestic box office, the film opened with Rs. 17.75 crore on Friday followed by Rs. 16.68 crore on Saturday. The film’s collections showed a massive jump of 64% on Sunday (Republic Day) with Rs. 26.25 crore at the domestic BO office.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
In the four-day run Aamir Khan’s ‘Dhoom: 3’ had collected Rs 129.32 crore and Shah Rukh Khan’s ‘Chennai Express’ had collected Rs 106. 29 crore in the domestic market alone.
Pranab Kapadia, President, Marketing & Distribution, Eros International said: “With January usually being a slow start in the overseas markets, the overseas weekend for ‘Jai Ho’ was excellent”.
Meanwhile, Salman Khan said that he was ready to take the blame for ‘Jai Ho’ not getting the expected grand opening at the box office.
Salman Khan said, “The overall collections of the film matter. I am not affected by the figures of my film. If the film gets a good opening, it’s good. If it doesn’t, nobody has failed but me. I could not give the reason for people to perhaps see the film. No one can predict the collections of a film. We have made a beautiful and a good film. It is entertaining film with a dose of action and it also gives a good message.”
Reports also suggest that ‘Jai Ho’ met with poor response due to Salman Khan’s recent political involvement – his performance at the controversial SAIFAI festival in Uttar Pradesh and kite-flying with BJP’s PM candidate and Gujarat CM Narendra Modi. This seems to have irked a fraction of his loyal fans, who preferred to stay away from halls.