It’s no surprise that Salman Khan’s Eid release, ‘Bajrangi Bhaijaan’ has had a fabulous two days at the Box Office. The film collected approximately Rs 27.25 crore on Ramzan Day. It made a whopping Rs 1.22 crore on the opening day from Central India alone.
Trade analyst Komal Nahta shared the numbers on Twitter.
So, the first day’s figure of #BajrangiBhaijaan has silenced all those who thought, the film had no merits? Rs. 27.25 crore on Ramzan day!!
— Komal Nahta (@KomalNahta) July 18, 2015
#BajrangiBhaijaan first day C.I. is approx. 1.22 crore. Outstanding initial-day figure!!
— Komal Nahta (@KomalNahta) July 17, 2015
Taran Adarsh further tweeted the film’s record-breaking performance overseas including in Fiji, Australia and New Zealand.
- Salman Khan’s Bajrangi Bhaijaan earns Rs 150 crore in China in just 9 days
- Salman Khan’s Bajrangi Bhaijaan crosses Rs 100 crore mark in China
- Salman Khan’s Bajrangi Bhaijaan crosses Rs 50 crore mark in China
- Salman Khan’s Bajrangi Bhaijaan gets an impressive opening in China, earns Rs 14.61 crore on day one
- Salman Khan starrer Bajrangi Bhaijaan to release in China this week
- After Aamir Khan, Salman Khan set to debut in China with Bajrangi Bhaijaan
#BajrangiBhaijaan – UK: Fri £ 180k. AWESOME!
— taran adarsh (@taran_adarsh) July 18, 2015
Taran went on to predict a massive opening weekend for the Kabir Khan-directed drama, especially due to word-of-mouth.
#BajrangiBhaijaan start has been FANTASTIC across India [pre-Eid]. Coupled with TERRIFIC word of mouth, should have a MASSIVE weekend.
— taran adarsh (@taran_adarsh) July 17, 2015
Salman Khan has also been hosting quite a few screenings for members of the film fraternity.
Shubra Gupta of Indian Express rated the film 2 and half stars. “The real film only starts post-interval, when the action shifts to Pakistan, with our trio on the run, with some fun-and-frolic, a quwaali-in-a-dargah, and a picturesque if rousingly unreal climax,” she writes.
Salman Khan is elated with the response to ‘Bajtangi Bhaijaan. “We’re getting a reaction after a few hours and even the next day. (They say) what a film, what an amazing movie, positive film and that it’s actually an elevating experience watching the film,” Khan told IANS.