Bollywood superstar Salman Khan, facing trial in the 2002 hit-and-run case, is staring at 10 years of imprisonment under a revised law, if charged with culpable homicide not amounting to murder .
Salman Khan has been accused of running over his Toyota Land Cruiser on a group of persons sleeping on a footpath outside a bakery in suburban Bandra, killing one and injuring four others, on September 28, 2002.
The actor’s case went against him after six witnesses deposed in the re-trial. Salman has been identified by at least three people who claim to have seen him coming out of the car, in a drunk state after the mishap; while a waiter has admitted to having served drinks to Salman Khan’s table at a bar hours before the accident.
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
- Hillary Clinton accuses Donald Trump of being Vladimir Putin’s ‘puppet’
- Senior UP Congress Leader Rita Bahuguna Joshi Joins BJP
- Missing JNU Student: VC Gives Ultimatum To Students Over ‘Illegal Confinement’
- US Presidential Debate: Donald Trump Calls Hillary Clinton ‘A Nasty Woman’
- Hasselblad True Zoom Mod Review
- Honor 8 First Look Video
- Apple Watch 2: Review, Price And Features
- Delhi HC Dismisses Kejriwal’s Plea For Stay In Criminal Defamation Case
- Gulzar Shares An Interesting Anecdote Behind The Lyrics of ‘Humne Dekhi Hai’ Song
- Diya Mirza Displays Her Painting Skills At An Art Festival In Mumbai
In the light of witnesses’ account, the film fraternity will be in a dilemma as Salman Khan has nearly Rs 500 crore riding on him. The filmmakers who have signed projects with the star will incur huge losses if the verdict goes against him.
Salman Khan’s announced projects include Sooraj Barjatya’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ and Anees Bazmee’s ‘No Entry Mein Entry’. Salman khan has film deals worth nearly Rs 350 crore.
Salman Khan who also endorses big brands has advertisement assignments worth Rs 50 crore.
According to reports, Salman Khan, who is currently busy wrapping up Sajid Nadiawala’s ‘Kick’ – scheduled to release this year – is not taking any offers due to the uncertainty regarding the outcome of the case.
Source say that Salman Khan has also refused to be a art of ‘Wanted 2’ since he is unsure if will be able to commit to the film’s shooting schedule.