Bollywood superstar Salman Khan, facing trial in the 2002 hit-and-run case, is staring at 10 years of imprisonment under a revised law, if charged with culpable homicide not amounting to murder .
Salman Khan has been accused of running over his Toyota Land Cruiser on a group of persons sleeping on a footpath outside a bakery in suburban Bandra, killing one and injuring four others, on September 28, 2002.
The actor’s case went against him after six witnesses deposed in the re-trial. Salman has been identified by at least three people who claim to have seen him coming out of the car, in a drunk state after the mishap; while a waiter has admitted to having served drinks to Salman Khan’s table at a bar hours before the accident.
In the light of witnesses’ account, the film fraternity will be in a dilemma as Salman Khan has nearly Rs 500 crore riding on him. The filmmakers who have signed projects with the star will incur huge losses if the verdict goes against him.
Salman Khan’s announced projects include Sooraj Barjatya’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ and Anees Bazmee’s ‘No Entry Mein Entry’. Salman khan has film deals worth nearly Rs 350 crore.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Salman Khan who also endorses big brands has advertisement assignments worth Rs 50 crore.
According to reports, Salman Khan, who is currently busy wrapping up Sajid Nadiawala’s ‘Kick’ – scheduled to release this year – is not taking any offers due to the uncertainty regarding the outcome of the case.
Source say that Salman Khan has also refused to be a art of ‘Wanted 2’ since he is unsure if will be able to commit to the film’s shooting schedule.