Bollywood superstar Salman Khan today said he wants his recently-released film “Bajrangi Bhaijaan” to be made tax-free.
“It has to be tax free. We want government to earn money from this (film), but the government should put that money for the betterment of the society, so that there is progress. But if that doesn’t happen, then the film has to be made tax free,” Salman said in an interview here today.
- EXCLUSIVE | Kabir Khan on Tubelight failure: Hope it doesn't make Salman Khan wary of experimenting
- Salman Khan to launch brother-in-law Aayush Sharma with a love story, gives him some advice
- Loved Salman Khan's 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan', says Ustad Amjad Ali Khan
- UP govt to make Salman Khan's 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' tax free
- Salman Khan wants Narendra Modi, Nawaz Sharif to watch 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan'
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan': Another Eid miracle awaited from Salman Khan
Directed by Kabir Khan, “Bajrangi Bhaijaan” is about a little Pakistani girl, who loses her way on the Indo-Pak border and finds herself in India. Salman finds the girl and takes it upon himself to re-unite her with her family in Pakistan.
Salman has urged Prime Minister Narendra Modi and his Pakistani counterpart Nawaz Sharif to watch the film for a “social cause”.
The film star took to twitter saying,
— Salman Khan (@BeingSalmanKhan) July 16, 2015
“I want them to see the film…I want all the other leaders to watch it. It is a positive film. I want everyone… the heads of the country to watch this film. As they are dealing with this problem and may be their hearts will melt. Till the time I don’t get response I will keep tweeting about it,” Salman said.
Praising the social media, Salman said those who use in a bad way must be taken to task.
“I think social media is lovely. There are a few people, who take advantage in a very negative way…that is disgusting and it has to be stopped. They should be taken to task as later on it creates problem. So there has to be a law passed for it,” he added.