It’s no secret that Bollywood superstar Salman Khan greatly favours Eid and has chosen to release his films on this holiday a number of times. Not only does the festival seem extremely lucky for the actor but his fans are also super excited to have a Salman Khan film hit theatres on that very special day.
Most of Salman Khan’s films in the recent past made their way to theatres on the auspicious day. It all began with ‘Wanted’ in 2009, which released on Eid and went on to become a huge blockbuster, breaking records at the Box Office. It was also considered as Salman’s comeback film.
After a slew of flops with ‘Main Aur Mrs Khanna, London Dreams’ and ‘Veer’, Salman Khan bounced back with another super hit ‘Dabangg’ (2010), which too released on Eid that year.
Since ‘Wanted’ (2009) and ‘Dabangg’ (2010) – Salman Khan has stuck to his formula of success. ‘Wanted’ set a box office record, grossing Rs 808.7 million in its first week, ‘Dabangg’ made at a budget of Rs 420 million earned Rs 2.15 billion at the box office. It was followed by ‘Bodyguard’ in 2011 which also hit theatres on the festival day. The film became a major commercial success with a worldwide gross of Rs 2.3 billion and was declared a blockbuster.
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swam Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
In 2012, Salman Khan teamed up with former flame Katrina Kaif and created magic onscreen in ‘Ek Tha Tiger’, which also took the box office by storm. It went on to become the fourth-highest grossing Bollywood flick of all time.
However, 2013 was a different story. Salman Khan’s biggest competition in the industry, Shah Rukh Khan grabbed the Eid date with Deepika Padukone for Rohit Shetty’s ‘Chennai Express’. Salman had no releases in 2013.
2014 saw the star return to the big screen in Jai Ho’ that released on Republic Day. But the effect was not quite the same. The film did not fare well and was considered to be an average performer.
Watch trailer: Salman Khan is a ‘devil’ in ‘Kick’
This Eid, Salman Khan is determined to bring back that Eid magic. He will be seen romancing Sri Lankan beauty Jacqueline Fernandez in the Sajid Nadiadwala directed flick. Once again scheduled for an Eid release, Salman Khan is all geared up to take the box office by storm. The trailer of the film and its first song ‘Jumme Ki Raat Hai’ have already created much hype and got fans eagerly awaiting its release.