It’s no secret that Bollywood superstar Salman Khan greatly favours Eid and has chosen to release his films on this holiday a number of times. Not only does the festival seem extremely lucky for the actor but his fans are also super excited to have a Salman Khan film hit theatres on that very special day.
Most of Salman Khan’s films in the recent past made their way to theatres on the auspicious day. It all began with ‘Wanted’ in 2009, which released on Eid and went on to become a huge blockbuster, breaking records at the Box Office. It was also considered as Salman’s comeback film.
After a slew of flops with ‘Main Aur Mrs Khanna, London Dreams’ and ‘Veer’, Salman Khan bounced back with another super hit ‘Dabangg’ (2010), which too released on Eid that year.
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
- PM Modi Meets New Zealand Prime Minister John Key
- Ex-Arunachal CM Kalikho Pul Left Behind “Secret Notes” Before He Was Found Hanging: Rajkhowa
- Big Relief For Former Karnataka CM BS Yeddyurappa: Here’s Why
- Missing For Three Days, JNU Student Found Dead In Hostel Room
- Bigg Boss 10: Review Of October 25 Episode
- Delhi Government’s Rs 200 Crore Riverfront Plan: Find Out More
- School in Jammu & Kashmir’s Bandipore District Set on Fire
- Ajay Devgn On The Making Of Shivaay: Exclusive Interview
- Bodies Of Maoists Killed In Malkangiri Encounter, One Of The Biggest Such Operations
Since ‘Wanted’ (2009) and ‘Dabangg’ (2010) – Salman Khan has stuck to his formula of success. ‘Wanted’ set a box office record, grossing Rs 808.7 million in its first week, ‘Dabangg’ made at a budget of Rs 420 million earned Rs 2.15 billion at the box office. It was followed by ‘Bodyguard’ in 2011 which also hit theatres on the festival day. The film became a major commercial success with a worldwide gross of Rs 2.3 billion and was declared a blockbuster.
In 2012, Salman Khan teamed up with former flame Katrina Kaif and created magic onscreen in ‘Ek Tha Tiger’, which also took the box office by storm. It went on to become the fourth-highest grossing Bollywood flick of all time.
However, 2013 was a different story. Salman Khan’s biggest competition in the industry, Shah Rukh Khan grabbed the Eid date with Deepika Padukone for Rohit Shetty’s ‘Chennai Express’. Salman had no releases in 2013.
2014 saw the star return to the big screen in Jai Ho’ that released on Republic Day. But the effect was not quite the same. The film did not fare well and was considered to be an average performer.
Watch trailer: Salman Khan is a ‘devil’ in ‘Kick’
This Eid, Salman Khan is determined to bring back that Eid magic. He will be seen romancing Sri Lankan beauty Jacqueline Fernandez in the Sajid Nadiadwala directed flick. Once again scheduled for an Eid release, Salman Khan is all geared up to take the box office by storm. The trailer of the film and its first song ‘Jumme Ki Raat Hai’ have already created much hype and got fans eagerly awaiting its release.