Bollywood superstar Salman Khan, whose latest movie ‘Jai Ho’ hasn’t received the kind of opening and box office collection as is expected from his films, thanked fans for having watched the movie.
Salman Khan’s ‘Jai Ho’ collected a meager Rs 17.75 crore on its opening day and has till now earned around Rs 77 crore in its first week. Reports suggest that this rejection by his fans was due to the fact that Salman Khan performed at the controversial Saifai festival in Uttar Pradesh at a time when the state was hit by communal riots in Muzaffarnagar. And later, Salman Khan was seen celebrating Uttarayan with BJP’s prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi earlier this month. (Read: Nobody has failed but me, says Salman Khan as ‘Jai Ho’ fails to get bumper start)
Salman Khan, who had earlier taken blame for the debacle of ‘Jai Ho’, took to Twitter to thank fans for their support. Jai Ho’s business did pick up on January 26 and collected Rs 26 crore but was unable to sustain it the next day.
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP
- Cyrus Mistry Removed As Chairman of Tata Sons: Here’s What Happened
- Wreath Laying Ceremony Of Slain Soldier Sushil Kumar Observed
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
Thank u to all the fans who have seen JAI HO n liked it , I totally appreciate it guys . U been wonderful . God bless .
— Salman Khan (@BeingSalmanKhan) January 29, 2014
‘Jai Ho’ directed by Sohail Khan marked the debut of Daisy Shah and Sana Khan. (Read: Salman Khan’s ‘Jai Ho’ collects Rs 100 cr worldwide despite slow start)
She further wrote in her review that even Salman Khan’s faithful fans “could only be roused on two counts : one when he is wading into the baddies, and the other when he is at the centre of a running joke involving the size of a young fellow’s goolies, and the colour of a girl’s underwear. Yes, that’s right.”
Trade analyst Taran Adarsh, who has been tweeting about the movie’s dad-to-day collections, said the movie is yet to enter the Rs 100 crore mark, which is unlike any Salman movie released in the past 3-4 years.
“#JaiHo Wknd 60.68 cr, Mon 9.50 cr, Tue 7.30 cr. Total: ₹ 77.48 cr nett. India biz only,” he had tweeted yesterday. But the movie has managed to enter the elite Rs 100 club worldwide.