Salman Khan is elated on the success of his latest release ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ and he thanked his fans for having watched the film which brought in good numbers at the box office. (Read the review of Prem Ratan Dhan Payo here)
Directed by Sooraj Barjatya, ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ also starring Sonam Kapoor opposite Salman released last Thursday (November 12) and collected Rs. 40.35 crores on first day breaking all previous records. The movie further made Rs. 31.03 crores on day two, taking the collections up to Rs. 71.38 crores in just two days. This movie has also shattered all previous records of Salman Khan’s films.
Salman’s brother-in-law, director Atul Agnihotri took it to Instagram to share a video of the actor thanking his fans for watching the movie.
Salman says, “Thank you! Everyone is wishing me for ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’, but you have watched the film, so Thank you.”
- Before Tiger Zinda Hai, here’s how Salman Khan’s last five films have performed at the box office
- Salman’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ outraces lifetime earnings of Aamir’s ‘3 Idiots’
- Salman Khan Sonam Kapoor starrer ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ earns Rs 201.52 crore
- Salman Khan, Sonam Kapoor’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ collects Rs 172.82 crore in eight days
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ earns Rs. 71.38 cr in two days, inches close to 100 cr mark
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ grosses Rs. 40.35 cr on opening day
Salman Khan revives the role of Prem from the previous Sooraj Barjatya movies, while Sonam Kapoor plays the princess who falls in love with this theatre artist.
Apart from Sonam and Salman, the movie also features Neil Nitin Mukesh, Swara Bhaskar and Anupam Kher in pivotal roles.