As heavy rains lashed over Mumbai city, the Hindi entertainment industry suffered a setback. This week’s big release ‘ABCD 2’ which opened to a rousing audience all over the country, was somewhat stymied by the downpour in Mumbai.
The collections were somewhat dampened in Mumbai by the rains. However, director Remo D’Souza was happy that the film was on the way to becoming a blockbuster in spite of the monsoonal setback.
“I am really happy that we managed to make such an impact in spite of the rains. I see the rains as blessings to the film from God,” Remo remarked happily on Sunday as Mumbai continued to reel under the wet spell.
- Will Salman Khan’s Bajrangi Bhaijaan break the record of Aamir Khan’s Secret Superstar in China?
- Salman Khan starrer Bajrangi Bhaijaan to release in China this week
- Salman Khan heads to Bangkok for Race 3; See photos
- Quiz: How well do you know Salman Khan?
- Salman Khan shoots a ‘Salman’ song for ‘Bajrangi Bhaijaan’
- Salman Khan to shoot a promotional song for ‘Bajrangi Bhaijaan’, to release on Eid
While Remo’s directorial effort was soaking in the blessings at the box office over the weekend, Remo shot a frenzied promotional song with Salman Khan for ‘Bajrangi Bhaijaan’.
It was suggested that the shooting be postponed because of the rains. But Salman insisted that they complete the song on time. Sanjay Leela Bhansali too couldn’t afford to postpone his schedule, as his leading man Ranveer Singh was back after a longish spell of post-surgery recuperation. Ranveer Singh, Deepika Padukone and Priyanka Chopra shot for ‘Bajirao Mastani’ every night last week despite the torrential rain.