Sooraj Barjatya’s romantic hit musical ‘Hum Aapke Hain Koun..!’ which released on August 5, 1994 completes 20 years today.
The romance drama was a massive success especially owing to the chemistry between Madhuri’s character (Nisha) and Salman’s character (Prem). The film, which is said to be more of a musical, boasts of 14 songs – all of which are extremely popular.
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
- PM Modi Meets New Zealand Prime Minister John Key
- Ex-Arunachal CM Kalikho Pul Left Behind “Secret Notes” Before He Was Found Hanging: Rajkhowa
- Big Relief For Former Karnataka CM BS Yeddyurappa: Here’s Why
- Missing For Three Days, JNU Student Found Dead In Hostel Room
- Bigg Boss 10: Review Of October 25 Episode
- Delhi Government’s Rs 200 Crore Riverfront Plan: Find Out More
- School in Jammu & Kashmir’s Bandipore District Set on Fire
- Ajay Devgn On The Making Of Shivaay: Exclusive Interview
- Bodies Of Maoists Killed In Malkangiri Encounter, One Of The Biggest Such Operations
‘Hum Aapke Hain Koun..!’ is also the first Bollywood film to earn over gross over Rs 1 billion. It won five Filmfare Awards as well as the National Film Award for Best Popular Film Providing Wholesome Entertainment.
A big fan of romance, director Karan Johar also tweeted.
— Karan Johar (@karanjohar) August 5, 2014
Rajjat Barjatya, Managaing Director and CEO of Rajshri Entertainment Private Limited also took to twitter celebrating the two decades of ‘Hum Aapke Hain Koun..!’.
— Rajjat Barjatya (@RajjatBarjatya) August 5, 2014
Anupam Kher tweeted: “Happy 20th birthday to one of my most successful and cherished films – HUM AAPKE HAI KAUN. Thank you Sooraj for making this classic.”
Salman and Barjatya are celebrating its success on the sets of their new film, which is titled “Prem Ratan Dhan Payo”, said a statement.
The two are currently shooting for the upcoming film in Karjat, Maharashtra.
Salman and Barjatya are working together after a gap of 15 years in “Prem Ratan Dhan Payo”. They last joined hands for multi-starrer “Hum Saath-Saath Hain”, which also featured Saif Ali Khan, Karisma Kapoor, Tabu and Sonali Bendre.
(With IANS inputs)