Sooraj Barjatya’s romantic hit musical ‘Hum Aapke Hain Koun..!’ which released on August 5, 1994 completes 20 years today.
The romance drama was a massive success especially owing to the chemistry between Madhuri’s character (Nisha) and Salman’s character (Prem). The film, which is said to be more of a musical, boasts of 14 songs – all of which are extremely popular.
‘Hum Aapke Hain Koun..!’ is also the first Bollywood film to earn over gross over Rs 1 billion. It won five Filmfare Awards as well as the National Film Award for Best Popular Film Providing Wholesome Entertainment.
A big fan of romance, director Karan Johar also tweeted.
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
— Karan Johar (@karanjohar) August 5, 2014
Rajjat Barjatya, Managaing Director and CEO of Rajshri Entertainment Private Limited also took to twitter celebrating the two decades of ‘Hum Aapke Hain Koun..!’.
— Rajjat Barjatya (@RajjatBarjatya) August 5, 2014
Anupam Kher tweeted: “Happy 20th birthday to one of my most successful and cherished films – HUM AAPKE HAI KAUN. Thank you Sooraj for making this classic.”
Salman and Barjatya are celebrating its success on the sets of their new film, which is titled “Prem Ratan Dhan Payo”, said a statement.
The two are currently shooting for the upcoming film in Karjat, Maharashtra.
Salman and Barjatya are working together after a gap of 15 years in “Prem Ratan Dhan Payo”. They last joined hands for multi-starrer “Hum Saath-Saath Hain”, which also featured Saif Ali Khan, Karisma Kapoor, Tabu and Sonali Bendre.
(With IANS inputs)