- Bigg Boss 11 December 17 Weekend Ka Vaar written update: Hiten Tejwani gets the boot from Salman Khan’s show
- Salman Khan and Mithun Chakraborty gave a laughter dose on the stage of Dance India Dance, watch video
- Happy birthday John Abraham: Check out pictures of his evolution in Bollywood over the years
It’s not every day that we see a major production house releasing two big ticket films on the same day. In fact most of the industry filmmakers look for that one ideal date to release their film to maximize its box-office profitability. However, the mega production house Eros International finds itself in somewhat of a jam with two of its big ticket films scheduled to release on the same day.
On June 29, John Abraham had tweeted the release date of his upcoming film ‘Welcome Back’, saying that the film featuring him alongside Anil Kapoor, Nana Patekar and Paresh Rawal was slated to hit the screens on September 4. Interestingly, Eros acquired the distribution rights of the film that is produced by Firoz Nadiadwala.
Cut to three days later on July 2, Salman Khan announces the release date of the ‘Hero’ remake featuring Sooraj Pancholi and Athiya Shetty on the same day, September 4. Now here arises the problem, with Eros co-producing ‘Hero’ with Salman Khan’s Being Human Productions and Mukta Arts, the production house wound up having two big releases on the same day. With both films being distributed by Eros, the next obvious solution would be to postpone the release of either one.
- Parmanu is not shelved; John Abraham, Diana Penty film to release on February 23
- Bigg Boss 11: Race 3 stars Jacqueline Fernandez and Bobby Deol to join Salman Khan on Weekend Ka Vaar
- Race 3 vs Fanney Khan: Salman Khan, Aishwarya Rai Bachchan's film to clash on Eid 2018
- Here are the stars who will join Salman Khan, Jacqueline Fernandez and Bobby Deol in Race 3
- Salman Khan to launch brother-in-law Aayush Sharma with a love story, gives him some advice
- Salman Khan's production 'Hero' postponed, not to clash with 'Welcome Back' anymore
However, from Salman’s tweet, it didn’t seem like he is in any mood to move his film. “Back off… HERO coming on 4th September,” tweeted Salman Khan.
Interestingly, Salman Khan and John Abraham don’t have a pretty past. The two actors had a showdown during Rockstars concert that they did way back in 2006. Then recently, when John Abraham was promoting his film ‘Madras Cafe’, he commented that his film is more realistic compared to Salman’s ‘Ek Tha Tiger’. However, despite all this, the two actors did patch up when they met at a film studio. But now it seems like Salman wants to take the John starrer head on with ‘Hero’.
At the same time, there are reports that when Eros approached Salman Khan to resolve this matter, he sternly maintained that he will release ‘Hero’ on September 4. This leaves John Abraham and producer Firoz Nadiadwala with no choice but to move their release date by a week.
Apparently. Eros is now pushing the release date of John Abraham’s ‘Welcome Back’, which has been suffering multiple delays, to September 11, in essence leaving September 4 vacant for the release of Salman Khan’s ‘Hero’.
Salman Khan will also be clashing on Eid 2016 with Shah Rukh Khan when ‘Sultan’ and ‘Raees’ battle it out at the box-office. However for now, the one left bearing the brunt of this unintentional mix-up will be John Abraham, who will finally have to swallow the bitter pill.
The official announcement on the release dates is expected from Eros soon.