- Watch | Tiger Zinda Hai title song: Salman Khan, Katrina Kaif will make you feel ‘zinda’ again with this energetic track
- Bigg Boss 11, December 18 preview: Housemates get punished for discussing nominations
- Kangana Ranaut wants her next thriller to be called Mental. Will Salman Khan give away the title?
Here’s good news for all Salman Khan fans. Salman Khan’s upcoming movie ‘Sultan’ has booked next year’s Eid for its release.
YRF, under which ‘Sultan’ will be made, tweeted:
— Yash Raj Films (@yrf) June 23, 2015
Watch the video here:
The teaser opens with a quote from the man himself, “Wrestling is not a sport. It’s about fighting what lies within,” and then announces the release date – Eid 2016.
- Salman Khan is all set to launch brother-in-law Aayush Sharma with Loveratri
- Imran Abbas is super impressed with Salman Khan's Tiger Zinda Hai trailer, wants the film to be released in Pakistan
- Salman Khan's Bharat to arrive on Eid 2019. Here's everything to know about the film
- Shah Rukh Khan welcomes Salman Khan's Sultan
- Shah Rukh Khan's Raees to clash with Salman Khan's Sultan, confirms Ritesh Sidhwani
- Shah Rukh Khan's 'Raees' to battle it out with Salman Khan's 'Sultan' on Eid 2016
Produced by Aditya Chopra and written-directed by Ali Abbas Zafar, “Sultan” will commence shooting in November and will release on Eid 2016. The movie has been in news for its female lead since it was rejected first by Deepika Padukone and then Kangana Ranaut.
Rumours are that Kriti Sanon has been finalised for the lead role.
This is certainly a unique way of marketing as the release date of the movie has been announced even before the shoot of the movie could begin. But then the combination of Aditya Chopra and Salman Khan does call for a marketing high.
— Ranveer Singh (@RanveerOfficial) June 23, 2015
— Arjun Kapoor (@arjunk26) June 23, 2015
This could turn out to be a big Eid clash in 2016, since Salman’s friend Shah Rukh Khan’s Raees is also set for an Eid 2016 release.
SRK-starrer ‘Raees’, which will see him romancing Pakistani beauty Mahira Khan, is an action-thriller, directed by Rahul Dholakia and produced by Farhan Akhtar, Ritesh Sidhwani and Gauri Khan under Excel Entertainment and Red Chillies Entertainment.
Salman and SRK are back to being friends after their infamous fight in 2008. SRK indicated the thaw in their relationship by launching the first Look of Salman’s this years’s Eid release ‘Bajrangi Bhaijaan’ with Aamir Khan.
It’s not the first time that the ‘Karan Arjun’ stars are clashing at the box office. ‘Don’ and ‘Jaaneman’ had released on the Diwali of 2006.
Generally, the Khans, whose films are big ticket events, avoid releasing their films on the same date with Salman preferring Eid, Shah Rukh Diwali and Aamir for Christmas.
(With PTI inputs)