The role of Priyanka Chopra in the film. ’67 Days’ based on the experiences of her former secretary Prakash Jaju would be played by newbie Sakshi Chaudhary.
Sakshi, it would be recalled, has been signed by producer Feroze Nadiadwala for a 3-film deal. She will be first seen opposite John Abraham in the next installment of the Hera Pheri franchise.
For the role of Priyanka Chopra in 67 days, Sakshi would have to go into rigorous workshops.
Says a source close to the project, “She will play Priyanka after very closely studying her movies. Sakshi is not a major movie buff. But Aseem Merchant, who is making 67 Days, wants Sakshi to adopt Priyanka’s body language and mannerisms. Priyanka tends to talk very rapidly, letting the sentences words spill out in a tumble. Sakshi would be speaking like that. There will also be an attempt to recreate some of Priyanka’s early songs and dances from Andaaz and Aetraaz.”
On being contacted, Sakshi said, “I don’t think I am allowed to talk about this. But yes, I am playing the part in the film that you mention. I guess they thought I was suitable for the part. As far as studying Priyanka goes, I haven’t done much of that so far. I was never star-struck. But she is a good actress. Hopefully, I will play a good actress well.”
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
As for Priyanka being miffed by this unauthorized film borrowed from her life, Aseem Merchant defends his creative freedom arguing, “The film is about Prakash Jaju, not Priyanka Chopra. It is about his experiences in Bollywood and will cover the entire entertainment industry. I respect and admire Priyanka. In no way am I trying to malign or hurt her. As a producer, I am only trying to make a realistic film.”