The role of Priyanka Chopra in the film. ’67 Days’ based on the experiences of her former secretary Prakash Jaju would be played by newbie Sakshi Chaudhary.
Sakshi, it would be recalled, has been signed by producer Feroze Nadiadwala for a 3-film deal. She will be first seen opposite John Abraham in the next installment of the Hera Pheri franchise.
For the role of Priyanka Chopra in 67 days, Sakshi would have to go into rigorous workshops.
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
Says a source close to the project, “She will play Priyanka after very closely studying her movies. Sakshi is not a major movie buff. But Aseem Merchant, who is making 67 Days, wants Sakshi to adopt Priyanka’s body language and mannerisms. Priyanka tends to talk very rapidly, letting the sentences words spill out in a tumble. Sakshi would be speaking like that. There will also be an attempt to recreate some of Priyanka’s early songs and dances from Andaaz and Aetraaz.”
On being contacted, Sakshi said, “I don’t think I am allowed to talk about this. But yes, I am playing the part in the film that you mention. I guess they thought I was suitable for the part. As far as studying Priyanka goes, I haven’t done much of that so far. I was never star-struck. But she is a good actress. Hopefully, I will play a good actress well.”
As for Priyanka being miffed by this unauthorized film borrowed from her life, Aseem Merchant defends his creative freedom arguing, “The film is about Prakash Jaju, not Priyanka Chopra. It is about his experiences in Bollywood and will cover the entire entertainment industry. I respect and admire Priyanka. In no way am I trying to malign or hurt her. As a producer, I am only trying to make a realistic film.”