In his directorial debut Kick, producer Sajid Nadiadwala has paid a tribute to actress Divya Bharti, the young much-missed actress who passed away suddenly on April 5, 1993 at the age of 19 leaving behind an astonishingly large and popular body of work that she did in her short-lived 4-year career.
Divya was married to Sajid Nadiadwala at the time when her shocking death happened. After her death every single film that Sajid produced until his re-marriage in 2004 was dedicated to Divya.
Now years later, as he turns director Sajid has not forgotten to remember Divya. In a memorable tribute he has Salman Khan dancing and lip-synching to the hit Viju Shah composition ‘Saat samundar paar mein tere peeche-peeche aa gayee’.
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP
- Cyrus Mistry Removed As Chairman of Tata Sons: Here’s What Happened
- Wreath Laying Ceremony Of Slain Soldier Sushil Kumar Observed
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
The song from Rajiv Rai’s Vishwatma was filmed on Divya Bharti. It was her acting debut. Apparently Sajid paid the music company Saregama a small fortune, close to 1.5 crore rupees, for the rights to the song. Says Nadiadwala, “I wanted that song ‘Saat samundar’ in ‘Kick’. There are many memories attached to it. The song makes ‘Kick’ all the more special.”
There is another sentimental secret attached to ‘Kick’ that Sajid suddenly reveals. “In the song ‘Hangover’ my two sons Subhan and Sufyan make an appearance. So it’s quite an emotional introduction into direction for me.”