Director Sajid Khan along with his entire cast including Saif Ali Khan, Riteish Deshmukh, Ram Kapoor, Esha Gupta, Tamannah Bhatia have been bus promoting their upcoming film ‘Humshakals’, but the film;s third leading lady Bipasha Basu has been absent throughout and her absence hasn’t gone unnoticed by the media.
Filmmaker Sajid Khan, while addressing a press conference in the national capital, said that Bipasha Basu’s absence from the promotions can be best explained by the actress herself.
“Bipasha won’t be joining for promotions and we are extremely sorry for that. But that’s okay. The reasons for not joining us in the promotions are best known to her. And that’s a fact,” said Sajid Khan.
According to reports, Bipasha Basu has had a fall out with the director over biased treatment given to actress Sajid’s rumoured girlfriend Tamannaah Bhatia.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
However, both Sajid Khan and Bipasha Basu have remained mum on the subject.
At the press conference, Sajid Khan spoke about his comedy film, Humshakals, saying that ‘the failure of Himmatwala, taught him that he should stick to the comedy genre.
The filmmaker has delivered superhits like ‘Housefull’ and ‘Housefull 2’ which were both comedies.
At the beginning of the press meet, the filmmaker who is known for his comic timinig, insisted for a 2 minute silence for the ‘demise’ of Himmatwala literally. He then said, “I wanted to make an action film, but it became a tragedy.”
Speaking about the comedy films, Sajid Khan said, “After ‘Himmatwala’ I decided to write the funniest film ever. I wanted to see myself laugh. ‘Humshakals’ is in the same zone as Houseful but it will be better.”
Talking about his film’s lead actresses – Tamannaah and Esha, Sajid Khan said, “I likes girls who are not pretty, but who can make faces and look funny.”
Actress Esha Gupta, said that she had reservations doing a comic role but Sajid Khan came to her aide and said, “If a woman is beautiful and can do comedy, is the most beautiful woman.”
Esha added, “Sajid is natural with comedy. He is able to create fresh comedy over and over again.”
Sajid Khan also dismissed any possibility of a sequel of Humshakals, saying, “What will be the sequel? Will there be 12 characters.. 6 Ram Kapoors, 6 Saifs and 6 Riteish, I can’t handle that.”
At the event, TV actor turned Bollywood star Ram Kapoor talked about the difference of working on the big screen and a small screen. He said that films offer more creative freedom.
Ram Kapoor also talked about quitting his current TV show ‘Bade Achhe Lagte Hain’. He said that though he understands people are upset with his move, but he had to think about himself.”
On being asked that he was quitting at a time when Bollywood’s big names like Amitabh Bachchan and Anil Kapoor were shifting to the small screen, Ram Kapoor said, “If I just wanted to continue making money then I would have continued with the serial. I understand that there is a large number of people that are upset that I’m leaving the show. But if I look at it as an actor, in a TV show, you get stuck in a same role for 3-5 years. That’s great if you want to make money, but not that great if you want to grow as an artist.”
Ram Kapoor also said that he has reached his peak in Television and beyond this there wqill be a saturation point. “I realised that in television, there is no where else I can go. I have already reached the top. If I have to grow as an actor I have to diversify and that is why I will not be seen in same kind of roles in my movies. I had to think about myself.”
Talking about doing comedy and ‘Humshakals’, Ram Kapoor said, “Comedy is not an easy thing and I know I’m known as a serious actor. But if I wanted to to do serious roles I would have continued in television. I chose films so that I get to play different kinds of roles. And comedy is the most challenging. It is difficult to make people laugh.”
Sajid Khan also said that he took a risk by opting for Ram Kapoor. However he said that Ram Kapoor’s popularity is immense thanks to his TV shows. He also said that it was due to Ram’s popularity that they were known in London, where a dominant portion of the film has been shot.
He also said that Ram Kapoor was the only actor who remembered all the lines, thanks to the rigorous television shooting style.