Sajid Khan is dead sure where his loyalties lie when it comes to India. Like Nana Patekar, Sajid too chose to put his country first and support India to the hilt when it comes to banning Pakistani actors from India in the aftermath of Uri attack.
Speaking at the launch of his chat show, Yaaron Ki Baraat, Sajid when asked about the political call to ban Pakistani actors said, “We have to respect our nation. We are proud Indians and I am with my country. If our country and government thinks they (Pakistani actors) have to go back then they should. India comes first for me.”
Bollywood as a whole still remains divided on the issue of Pakistani actors. While few have opined that actors from across the border should issue strong statements condemning terrorist attacks, others have vociferously protest against the ban. Radhika Apte recently expressed that banning Pakistani actors is not the solution. “Pakistani actors should also be allowed to come here and do films in India. I don’t think they should be banned,” the actress opined.
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
majority of Bollywood continues to support Pakistani artists, throwing their weight behind them and demanding to know how slapping of a ban would stop terrorism. After Karan Johar, Salman Khan too spoke out in favour of Pakistani artistes delinking them from terrorism and terrorists. “They come here on valid visas given by our government. They are artistes not terrorists,” said Khan.
Earlier, Nana Patekar had also voiced sentiments similar to Sajid Khan. The veteran actor opined that artistes are like bugs in front of the nation. “My country comes first for me.” Nana also indirectly trolled Salman for speaking out in favour of Pakistani artists.