After months of intensive search and rigorous churning Rakeysh Omprakash Mehra has finally found his Sahibaan for his love tale ‘Mirza Sahibaan’.
She is none other than Saiyami Kher, niece of the very talented actress Tanvi Azmi and grand-daughter of yesteryears’ leading lady Usha Kiron. Director Rakeysh Omprakash Mehra makes it very clear that Saiyami was not chosen for her illustrious acting lineage.
“We’ve selected Saiyami for her ability to project the delicacy, strength, turmoil, and resolve of the character. Just like Harshvardhan, it didn’t matter where Saiyami came from. She had to prove herself capable of carrying off the character,” said Rakeysh Omprakash Mehra.
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP
- Cyrus Mistry Removed As Chairman of Tata Sons: Here’s What Happened
- Wreath Laying Ceremony Of Slain Soldier Sushil Kumar Observed
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
Rakeysh confesses the decision wasn’t easy. “We searched for our Sahibaan for months. We finally shortlisted three girls, all strong possibilities as being the final choice. We put all three under rigorous training. That Saiyami finally got the role was a matter of just a slight edge. All three were almost equally competent. And I know the other two girls are also going to be major talents in our cinema.”
Saiyami’s aunts Tanvi Azmi and Shabana Azmi seemed unaware that Saiyami had been finalised for the coveted part opposite Anil Kapoor’s son.
“I knew she was under consideration. But I wasn’t aware she has been confirmed. That’s terrific news,” said Tanvi.
Saiyami has been searching for the right break in Bollywood for two years now.
She even did a Telugu film entitled ‘Rey’ with Ramcharan Teja’s nephew Sai Dharam. But this will be Saaiyami’s break into the big league.