Actor Varun Dhawan says young badminton ace Saina Nehwal is keen to watch his upcoming 3D-dance film “ABCD 2” as she feels the film has a patriotic theme.
The 28-year-old actor said we would be happy if Nehwal can feel “even a small bit of patriotism” out of the movie. “Saina Nehwal messaged me recently and told me she is looking forward to watching ‘ABCD 2’. She asked me if there is a theme of our country (in the film) and I told her yes it is there but we haven’t shown it purposely because we wanted you to discover it,” Varun said while promoting the film here.
“Things like these make me feel like ‘Oh this is the right film that is coming.’ If a person like Saina Nehwal can feel even a small bit of patriotism out of a film like ‘ABCD 2’, that will mean a lot.”
- I need time to rest and prepare for big events, says Saina Nehwal
- There’s no real time where we can sit and talk, says PV Sindhu on friendship with Saina Nehwal
- Varun Dhawan: Most of my films are made for kids
- Remo D’Souza rejects reports of Varun Dhawan replacing Salman Khan in his dance film
- Varun Dhawan: If Judwaa 2 was made exactly the same way as Judwaa, it might not have run
- Saina Nehwal wants to watch ‘ABCD 2’: Varun Dhawan
It is based on the real life story of a dance troupe, “Fictitious Group”, winner of a dance reality show, who represented India in the final of World Hip-Hop dance championship in Las Vegas.
Varun expressed his desire to show the film to his icon, Hollywood action star Dwayne Johnson, better known as ‘The Rock’.
“I would love to show the movie to him. He is doing an animated film for Disney so if we can, we surely will,” he said.
The young star had tweeted birthday wishes to Johnson last month, saying that he was his inspiration. The WWE-wrestler-turned actor had thanked him on the micro-blogging site.
He also earlier wished Varun on his birthday on the request of the actor’s fans. The sequel to the 2013 film “ABCD: Any Body Can Dance” releases this Friday.