The snow-bound famous ski resort of Gulmarg in north Kashmir was agog with activity today as Sajid Nadiadwala’s upcoming action-thriller ‘Phantom’, starring Saif Ali Khan and Katrina Kaif, commenced shooting near the resort.
Saif joined the crew and the shooting is underway at Kangdoori in the periphey of the resort, 55 kms from here, officials said.
The film will be shot in the Valley for five days but it was not clear whether Katrina is joining the shoot.
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
While rest of the crew led by director of the movie Kabir Khan arrived in the valley last week, Saif joined them in Gulmarg today, the officials said.
Most of the shooting in the film during the next four days is scheduled to take place at the breathtaking locales of the hill resort – a star attraction for tourists especially during winter when it is covered with several feet of snow.
The film began shooting in October 2013 in Beirut, Lebanon and during the shoot in Lebanon, the cast and crew were provided security due to the political instability in the country.
Saif, who plays the lead role, will be seen speaking lines in Kurdish, which the actor reportedly learned specially for his role. The movie is about post 26/11 attacks in Mumbai and global terrorism, where Saif Ali Khan and Katrina Kaif play the role of secret agents.
Naidawalla’s production house will also shoot another upcoming movie in Kashmir which will see the yesteryear superstar Jackie Shroff’s son making his debut in movies.
Once shunned due to eruption of militancy, Kashmir has again come up on the radar of bollywood over the past few years after the situation started improving.
Last year, a number of Bollywood producers came to the Valley for shooting movies. The much-talked about Vishal Bhardwaj’s adaption of Shakespeare’s play Hamlet was also shot here. The film, tilted ‘Haider’ held an extensive shooting schedule in valley.