The snow-bound famous ski resort of Gulmarg in north Kashmir was agog with activity today as Sajid Nadiadwala’s upcoming action-thriller ‘Phantom’, starring Saif Ali Khan and Katrina Kaif, commenced shooting near the resort.
Saif joined the crew and the shooting is underway at Kangdoori in the periphey of the resort, 55 kms from here, officials said.
The film will be shot in the Valley for five days but it was not clear whether Katrina is joining the shoot.
While rest of the crew led by director of the movie Kabir Khan arrived in the valley last week, Saif joined them in Gulmarg today, the officials said.
Most of the shooting in the film during the next four days is scheduled to take place at the breathtaking locales of the hill resort – a star attraction for tourists especially during winter when it is covered with several feet of snow.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
The film began shooting in October 2013 in Beirut, Lebanon and during the shoot in Lebanon, the cast and crew were provided security due to the political instability in the country.
Saif, who plays the lead role, will be seen speaking lines in Kurdish, which the actor reportedly learned specially for his role. The movie is about post 26/11 attacks in Mumbai and global terrorism, where Saif Ali Khan and Katrina Kaif play the role of secret agents.
Naidawalla’s production house will also shoot another upcoming movie in Kashmir which will see the yesteryear superstar Jackie Shroff’s son making his debut in movies.
Once shunned due to eruption of militancy, Kashmir has again come up on the radar of bollywood over the past few years after the situation started improving.
Last year, a number of Bollywood producers came to the Valley for shooting movies. The much-talked about Vishal Bhardwaj’s adaption of Shakespeare’s play Hamlet was also shot here. The film, tilted ‘Haider’ held an extensive shooting schedule in valley.