Actor Saif Ali Khan said he is fine doing a sex comedy provided it is funny and not vulgar. “Sure, why not. It will be nice to do it (sex comedy) if it is not vulgar but should be funny. Comedy is a liberating thing so anything can be funny… but it can be little dangerous as well, because there is no dignity and respect sometimes. I feel it shouldn’t be dirty,” Saif told PTI.
The actor said there is nothing wrong with sex comedy films. “I think people are nervous to talk about sex but they should and be normal,” he said.
Saif would be next seen in Sajid Khan’s comedy film ‘Humshakals’. “I wanted to work with Sajid (director). He works very hard to entertain people. He makes all India kind of comedy films like ‘Heyy Baby’, ‘Housefull’. So you want to do films that are wider in reach and have an appeal,” Saif said.
He said ‘Humshakals’ is different from his previous films where he showed up the funny side of his acting but the roles were ‘urban’, something that suits his personality.
“There are three roles and I am playing three different personalities. Normal things do not interest Sajid,”
Saif said, adding the film is his first full-fledged comedy role.
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
The ‘Dil Chahta Hai’ actor has also done mimicry of lot of actors including his father-in-law, Randhir Kapoor.
“It is difficult to do mimicry. I don’t think I am a good mimic (artist), I think Riteish Deshmukh does it well. I never paid attention to these things. I did not tell my father-in-law about it. He hasn’t seen it yet. I think imitation is highest form of flattering,” he said.
He said his actress wife Kareena Kapoor has seen the part (the mimicry scene) and thought it was funny.
Saif said he is okay if someone does his mimicry and takes it as a compliment. The 43-year-old will be seen donning the look of a girl in the film.
“I copied Sajid (while playing the role of a girl). We were all trying our best to like a girl. I think Riteish was perfect. It was okay to dress like a girl but dancing in heels was difficult,” Saif said.
On working with Sajid, he said, “Sajid is an encyclopedia on films. I never met someone in the film
industry who has seen so many films. He feels his safer zone with the audience is comedy. We are glad that so far we have got good response (for ‘Humshakals’).