Actor Saif Ali Khan feels the positive response to his action thriller “Phantom” has given him significant versatility, and filmmakers can now approach him with a wide range of roles.
Asked about the kind of roles he prefers to play, Saif told IANS: “If I wanted to do just chocolate-boy or love stories, then I would feel limited and get bored. When a film like this works, you receive a kind of versatility, about being capable of doing various kinds of characters.”
- R Madhavan ‘disappointed’ on quitting historical drama with Saif Ali Khan
- Kaalakaandi could be just what the doctor ordered for Saif Ali Khan
- Happy birthday Farhan Akhtar: How he made the most definitive film on friendships with Dil Chahta Hai
- Happy birthday Saif Ali Khan: The Nawab of Bollywood is more than just the boy-next-door
- Happy with ‘Phantom’ response, says Saif Ali Khan
- Saif Ali Khan: I want to be more consistent now
“When a director next comes to offer me a film, I’m clueless if it will be an action film or a love story. And I’m fascinated with this wide range of roles that’s in front of me.”
Saif has done a variety of roles including comic in “Dil Chahta Hai”, romantic in “Hum Tum”, action “Race”, and negative characters in “Omkara” and “Ek Hasina Thi”.
“I would like to do all kinds of roles. And that’s how it should be for an artiste. And there are always roles that the audiences love immensely. Perhaps it’s our own ‘keeda’ (urge) to try different types of roles.”
“Phantom”, directed by Kabir Khan and produced by Sajid Nadiadwala, also features Katrina Kaif.