Police on Thursday submitted a CD containing CCTV footage of the alleged attack on an NRI businessman and his father-in-law by Bollywood actor Saif Ali Khan at a five-star hotel here in 2012.
Police also submitted the clothes worn by the actor at the time of the incident that happened at Wasabi restaurant inside Taj Hotel on February 22 that year.
“We submitted the CD and clothes to the court, which has adjourned the proceedings,” said public prosecutor Wajid Sheikh.
The court of metropolitan magistrate had on March 13 framed charges against the actor and his friends – Shakeel Ladak and Bilal Amrohi- for assaulting the businessman.
They were arrested following a complaint filed by the businessman Iqbal Mir Sharma after the fight at the restaurant on February 22, 2012.
The trio were later released on bail.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
Saif was accompanied by his wife and actor Kareena Kapoor, her sister Karishma Kapoor, actors Malaika Arora Khan, Amrita Arora and some male friends at that time.
According to police, the incident happened after Sharma protested against the actor and his friends’ loud conduct.
Saif allegedly threatened Sharma and his father-in-law and punched the businessman in the nose, which resulted in a fracture.
The NRI businessman also accused Saif and his friends of hitting his father-in-law Raman Patel.
Saif had claimed that Sharma had made provocative statements and used abusive language against the women accompanying him, which led to the scuffle.
Police had filed a chargesheet in this regard on December 21, 2012.