Police on Thursday submitted a CD containing CCTV footage of the alleged attack on an NRI businessman and his father-in-law by Bollywood actor Saif Ali Khan at a five-star hotel here in 2012.
Police also submitted the clothes worn by the actor at the time of the incident that happened at Wasabi restaurant inside Taj Hotel on February 22 that year.
“We submitted the CD and clothes to the court, which has adjourned the proceedings,” said public prosecutor Wajid Sheikh.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
The court of metropolitan magistrate had on March 13 framed charges against the actor and his friends – Shakeel Ladak and Bilal Amrohi- for assaulting the businessman.
They were arrested following a complaint filed by the businessman Iqbal Mir Sharma after the fight at the restaurant on February 22, 2012.
The trio were later released on bail.
Saif was accompanied by his wife and actor Kareena Kapoor, her sister Karishma Kapoor, actors Malaika Arora Khan, Amrita Arora and some male friends at that time.
According to police, the incident happened after Sharma protested against the actor and his friends’ loud conduct.
Saif allegedly threatened Sharma and his father-in-law and punched the businessman in the nose, which resulted in a fracture.
The NRI businessman also accused Saif and his friends of hitting his father-in-law Raman Patel.
Saif had claimed that Sharma had made provocative statements and used abusive language against the women accompanying him, which led to the scuffle.
Police had filed a chargesheet in this regard on December 21, 2012.