Bollywood actor Saif Ali Khan and megastar Amitabh Bachchan have bagged the lead roles in the screen adaptation of the literary classic ‘The Count of Monte Cristo’ which is an adventure novel written by French author Alexandre Dumas in 1844. The film will be helmed by director duo Abbas-Mustan.
The classic is based on a man who is a victim of deceit and while on his way to avenge the traitors comes across an island of treasure. Directed by Abbas Mustan, this film will be backed by Sunir Kheterpal of Azure Entertainment.
The film will also see Amitabh Bachchan in a pivotal role where he plays a family man who gets trapped into the world of mystery after a murder. Mustan revealed that the film will not be an out and out adaptation but will have the Abbas Mustan touch with their addition of thrills and chills.
The yet to be titled film is slated to go on floors in October and will release in 2015.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016