John Abraham’s movie Rocky Handsome, which released on Friday (March 25), has had a great opening weekend and the action-packed movie has managed to collect Rs 16 crore.
The film had earned Rs 1.84 cr. with its paid previews which were held a day before it release. On Friday (March 25), the film collected Rs. 5.29 cr., Rs 4.83 cr on Saturday and Rs 4.13 cr on Sunday, making the total earning of the film Rs. Rs 16.12 cr. The movie, which has been receiving mixed response from all over, seems to be doing well at the box office.
Directed by Nishikant Kamat, the film features Shruti Haasan opposite John. The duo have earlier been seen together in Welcome Back. Also Nishikant himself has played an antagonist in this movie. Eight-year-old Diya Chalwad is also in a pivotal role. (Read: Rocky Handsome review: Why are we watching this John Abraham film?)
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
- PM Modi Meets New Zealand Prime Minister John Key
- Ex-Arunachal CM Kalikho Pul Left Behind “Secret Notes” Before He Was Found Hanging: Rajkhowa
- Big Relief For Former Karnataka CM BS Yeddyurappa: Here’s Why
- Missing For Three Days, JNU Student Found Dead In Hostel Room
- Bigg Boss 10: Review Of October 25 Episode
- Delhi Government’s Rs 200 Crore Riverfront Plan: Find Out More
- School in Jammu & Kashmir’s Bandipore District Set on Fire
- Ajay Devgn On The Making Of Shivaay: Exclusive Interview
- Bodies Of Maoists Killed In Malkangiri Encounter, One Of The Biggest Such Operations
Trade Analyst Taran Adarsh shared the latest figures on Twitter. He tweeted:
#RockyHandsome Thu previews 1.77 cr, Fri 5.39 cr, Sat 4.83 cr, Sun 4.13 cr. Total: ₹ 16.12 cr. India biz.
— taran adarsh (@taran_adarsh) March 28, 2016
During the promotions of the film John Abraham had said that women are going to enjoy the film as its action has its own rhythm. (PICS: Rocky Handsome movie review in pics)
Indian Express critic Shubhra Gupta gave one star to the movie and wrote, “A drug-mafia infested Goa plus menacing mobsters plus a little girl who goes missing plus a muscled man on a mission is equal to ‘Rocky Handsome’. What all of it basically comes down to is this: a sculpted John Abraham donning a black singlet–pajamas–combat cap, walking slo-mo down corridors, beating the c—p out of sundry bad guys. Or slashing holes into ‘em. Same difference. That is the sole purpose of this film.” (Also read: Audience reacts to John Abraham’s Rocky Handsome, watch video)
The film is clashing with Hollywood film Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice. (Read: Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice movie review)