The musical trio, Shankar Mahadevan, Ehsaan Noorani and Loy Mendonsa, who have many chartbusters to their credits, are prepping up for the release of Rock On 2. Talking about their experience about working in the film, the trio said they were pleasantly surprised with the singing talent of Shraddha Kapoor. “It was an amazing experience. Shraddha (Kapoor) was too great. She has sung a track called ‘Udja Re’ and when we heard her voice even we were pleasantly surprised,” Shankar said.
Shankar-Ehsaan-Loy, as they are famously known in the industry and amongst their fans, also said that their journey was not less than a roller coaster. “It was a beautiful journey but definitely not a smooth one, there were lots of ups and downs. But we are enjoying every part of it,” Loy said. While for Shankar, 49, it is quite surprising that they are still together with the same passion they used to have back then.
“It has been like a roller-coaster ride. We are there every single day in the studio for last 20 years other than the times we have been touring around. I really feel surprise myself that how we have done it. It’s quite a thing, where a partnership has lasted for 20 years and it is still going on and still our films are releasing and we are doing so many more films,” Shankar added.
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Audience Reaction: Ranbir, Aishwarya, Anushka Starrer Gets A Thumbs Up
- Bigg Boss 10, October 27 Review: Navin, Lokesh Fights During The Immunity Task
- Shivaay Audience Reaction: Ajay Devgn Impresses Viewers
- Pakistan High Commission Staffer Caught With Defence Documents: What It Means For India & Pakistan
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
The trio has composed music in various hit films like Kal Ho Naa Ho (2003), Bunty Aur Babli (2005), Heyy Babyy (2007), Taare Zameen Par (2007), Rock On!! (2008) and Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara (2011). Shankar feels that they were destined to be together and he is proud of what they have done so far in their career. “I feel that it’s not in your hands. It’s all connected from above. It’s the energy which keeps you together. Today, when we look back we are so proud of the body of our work. It’s really a blessing.”
(With inputs from PTI)