The ripples effect of currency demonetisation was clearly visible at the box office too. People preferred exchanging notes at banks rather than buying a popcorn tub and movie tickets at multiplexes. One of the most-awaited movies of this year – Rock On 2 is seemingly losing the box office battle already.
Farhan Akhtar and Shraddha Kapoor-starrer film collected Rs 2.02 crores on the first day. The film was expected to collect Rs 5 crore. Lack of liquid cash in the economy could affect the weekend collection of the film. Farhan Akhtar took to Twitter to thank one of the theater owners who showed his support for the film. “Thank u to all theatre owners like Rakesh Patel for their support. It has been a difficult time for us all given the demonetisation,” wrote Farhan.
Thank u to all theatre owners like Rakesh Patel for their support. It has been a difficult time for us all given the demonetisation. http://t.co/702jAJUAHr
— Farhan Akhtar (@FarOutAkhtar) November 12, 2016
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swam Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
Trade analyst Taran Adarsh tweeted, ” #RockOn2 has a DISMAL start… Fri ₹ 2.02 cr. India biz.”
#RockOn2 has a DISMAL start… Fri ₹ 2.02 cr. India biz.
— taran adarsh (@taran_adarsh) November 12, 2016
Rock On 2 is a sequel to 2008 musical drama Rock On starring Farhan Akhtar, Prachi Desai, Arjun Rampal and Puran Kohli in lead roles. The movie is directed by Abhishek Kapoor. The plot of the movie revolves around two different generations – the older one comprising of Farhan and is Magik members, and the younger one consisting of Shraddha Kapoor and actor Shashank Arora.
The movie has majorly been shot in Meghalaya and one will be treated with some astounding visuals from the scenic state. If the film manages to stay afloat, it would be an interesting affair to watch the senior actors plying their wares with the younger lot.