Actor-producer Ritesh Deshmukh says that he would love to direct a film in the future.
“Film making is a great process…acting is great and I am enjoying myself in production (too). As a producer you own the entire film, while director is the creator. I feel I should direct a film but not right now I am not ready but in future I will direct a film,” Riteish told reporters in a group interview.
As a producer, he has received his first National Award for his second Marathi production venture Yellow’ at the 61st National Film Awards ceremony, May 3.
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Audience Reaction: Ranbir, Aishwarya, Anushka Starrer Gets A Thumbs Up
- Bigg Boss 10, October 27 Review: Navin, Lokesh Fights During The Immunity Task
- Shivaay Audience Reaction: Ajay Devgn Impresses Viewers
- Pakistan High Commission Staffer Caught With Defence Documents: What It Means For India & Pakistan
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
The actor, son of late political leader Vilasrao Deshmukh, also feels that as a citizen one must know about their country but not sure whether he will join the politics in near future or not.
“Whether I want to join it or not is a different thing but as a citizen you must know about your country. Being aware is important and having an opinion is very important,” said Ritesh who made his Bollywood acting debut with “Tujhe Meri Kasam” in 2003.
The film also helped him find his soul mate in his co-star Genelia D’Souza, with whom he tied the knot in 2012.