- 3 Storeys box office prediction: This Richa Chadha and Renuka Shahane film is expected to earn Rs 3 crore in the first weekend
- 3 Storeys: Five reasons to watch Sharman Joshi and Renuka Shahane starrer
- Riteish Deshmukh calls himself the only ‘bank chor’ who failed, Twitterati think it’s a dig at Nirav Modi-PNB fraud case
Riteish Deshmukh starrer “Bangistan” has been denied entry into the United Arab Emirates (UAE), says the film’s producer Ritesh Sidhwani, who is disappointed.
The film, directed by Karan Anshuman and also featuring Pulkit Samrat and Jacqueline Fernandez, has been banned by the UAE censor board which found the content of the film offensive. They have raised a strong objection to the release of the film, read a statement from the film’s representative.
- ‘Bangistan’ is not anti-religion: Ritesh Sidhwani
- Riteish Deshmukh, Pulkit Samrat in Delhi to promote ‘Bangistan’
- Release of Riteish Deshmukh- Pulkit Samrat starrer ‘Bangistan’ postponed
- Riteish Deshmukh reminisces his first movie shot
- ‘Bangistan’ producer ‘shocked’ at film’s ban in Pakistan
- ‘Bangistan’ first look: Meet Riteish, Pulkit – The ‘Aspiring Terrorists’
“It is very disappointing that the censor board finds the film offensive as there is no such content in the film. We shall be sending it to the re-examining committee,” Sidhwani said.
The film, which was mostly shot in Poland and Ladakh, is about two suicide bombers, Hafeez Bin Ali Ishwarchand Sharma (Riteish) and Allah Rakha Khan Praveen Chaturvedi (Pulkit), who have been brainwashed into an explosive mission but eventually realise that death wish is a futile exercise.
“Bangistan” is slated to release in India on Friday.