Actor-producer Riteish Deshmukh, who has two successful films – “Humshakals” and “Ek Villain” – to his credit, says he just went with the flow and that the releases were not planned at all.
Riteish’s character in comedy film “Humshakals” and thriller movie “Ek Villain” are poles apart – the former sees him in the comic role, while for the latter he turned a serial killer.
If Sajid Khan directed “Humshakals”, which came out on June 20, has earned over Rs.55 crore on the domestic box office, Mohit Suri’s Friday release “Ek Villain” made an impressive start by minting Rs.16.72 crore on the opening day.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
“It’s been a great year so far and I am not complaining at all,” said the actor who gives credit to the “choices” he made for the success.
“I have been looking at doing something other than comedy and I decided to do these films. All the films were released back to back, but I did not plan that. I am glad the way they were received. It’s great,” he said.
Talking about “Ek Villain”, Riteish said: “The way film is shaping up (at the box office), it’s great and we all are happy.”
But the celebrations will happen later, he said.
After two Bollywood successes, Riteish is busy with his Marathi home production “Lai Bhaari”. He has teamed up with Radhika Apte, who was seen in “Shor in the City”, in the movie, which is slated for a July 11 release.
He said: “Now, I am busy promoting ‘Lai Bhaari’ and my co-star Radhika is supremely talented. She thinks so much about her character and role. The way she plays her role is phenomenal.”
Directed by Nishikant Kamat and produced by Riteish’s wife and actress Genelia, “Lai Bhari” also features Sharad Kelkar and Aditi Pohankar.