Actor-producer Riteish Deshmukh, who has two successful films – “Humshakals” and “Ek Villain” – to his credit, says he just went with the flow and that the releases were not planned at all.
Riteish’s character in comedy film “Humshakals” and thriller movie “Ek Villain” are poles apart – the former sees him in the comic role, while for the latter he turned a serial killer.
If Sajid Khan directed “Humshakals”, which came out on June 20, has earned over Rs.55 crore on the domestic box office, Mohit Suri’s Friday release “Ek Villain” made an impressive start by minting Rs.16.72 crore on the opening day.
“It’s been a great year so far and I am not complaining at all,” said the actor who gives credit to the “choices” he made for the success.
“I have been looking at doing something other than comedy and I decided to do these films. All the films were released back to back, but I did not plan that. I am glad the way they were received. It’s great,” he said.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
Talking about “Ek Villain”, Riteish said: “The way film is shaping up (at the box office), it’s great and we all are happy.”
But the celebrations will happen later, he said.
After two Bollywood successes, Riteish is busy with his Marathi home production “Lai Bhaari”. He has teamed up with Radhika Apte, who was seen in “Shor in the City”, in the movie, which is slated for a July 11 release.
He said: “Now, I am busy promoting ‘Lai Bhaari’ and my co-star Radhika is supremely talented. She thinks so much about her character and role. The way she plays her role is phenomenal.”
Directed by Nishikant Kamat and produced by Riteish’s wife and actress Genelia, “Lai Bhari” also features Sharad Kelkar and Aditi Pohankar.