Actor Riteish Deshmukh, who is known for films like ‘Housefull’ and ‘Grand Masti’, says he is bored of doing comedy. Riteish, 35, is known for his comic timing and has won several awards for best performance in a comic role.
“I am bored of doing comedies and more than that, I don’t understand what new should I do. I don’t know what should I do which will be different from all that I have already done,” Riteish Deshmukh said in an interview.
Riteish Deshmukh, who will be seen in Sajid Khan’s upcoming film ‘Humshakals’, said he has tried doing different genre of films in the past like ‘Naach’ and ‘Run’ but the movies did not work and hence he did more comedies, which were accepted by the audience.
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Audience Reaction: Ranbir, Aishwarya, Anushka Starrer Gets A Thumbs Up
- Bigg Boss 10, October 27 Review: Navin, Lokesh Fights During The Immunity Task
- Shivaay Audience Reaction: Ajay Devgn Impresses Viewers
- Pakistan High Commission Staffer Caught With Defence Documents: What It Means For India & Pakistan
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
“‘Humshakals’ is exciting for me because I get to work with Saif, whose comic timing is totally different from mine, so our combination is interesting. I also got to work with Ram Kapoor and Sajid has given me great films, so this was the exciting part,” he said.
The actor’s next release after ‘Humshakals’ is Mohit Suri’s ‘Ek Villain’ co-starring actors Sidharth Malhotra and Shraddha Kapoor, and he is happy with the response that his look in the promos has generated.
“The reactions I have got for the film have been positive. I sense a kind of excitement in people about my role and they are talking about it. What films I do in future depends on how well ‘Ek Villain’ does. I am hopeful I will do different kind of roles,” he said.
Ritiesh Deshmukh said both of his upcoming films were challenging but in different ways. “‘Ek Villain’ was mentally more taxing whereas ‘Humshakals’ was physically challenging, as one of the
three roles I am playing is of a mad guy, which required more energy and was loud,” he said.
The actor, who has earlier donned a female character in 2006 comedy ‘Apna Sapna Money Money’, said he feels great to receive compliments for his look as he puts a lot of hard work in it.
“I feel as much happy as a girl would be if she gets compliments for her look. My wife hates it though, because she feels I do it very well,” Riteish said.