Actor Riteish Deshmukh, who is known for films like ‘Housefull’ and ‘Grand Masti’, says he is bored of doing comedy. Riteish, 35, is known for his comic timing and has won several awards for best performance in a comic role.
“I am bored of doing comedies and more than that, I don’t understand what new should I do. I don’t know what should I do which will be different from all that I have already done,” Riteish Deshmukh said in an interview.
Riteish Deshmukh, who will be seen in Sajid Khan’s upcoming film ‘Humshakals’, said he has tried doing different genre of films in the past like ‘Naach’ and ‘Run’ but the movies did not work and hence he did more comedies, which were accepted by the audience.
“‘Humshakals’ is exciting for me because I get to work with Saif, whose comic timing is totally different from mine, so our combination is interesting. I also got to work with Ram Kapoor and Sajid has given me great films, so this was the exciting part,” he said.
The actor’s next release after ‘Humshakals’ is Mohit Suri’s ‘Ek Villain’ co-starring actors Sidharth Malhotra and Shraddha Kapoor, and he is happy with the response that his look in the promos has generated.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
“The reactions I have got for the film have been positive. I sense a kind of excitement in people about my role and they are talking about it. What films I do in future depends on how well ‘Ek Villain’ does. I am hopeful I will do different kind of roles,” he said.
Ritiesh Deshmukh said both of his upcoming films were challenging but in different ways. “‘Ek Villain’ was mentally more taxing whereas ‘Humshakals’ was physically challenging, as one of the
three roles I am playing is of a mad guy, which required more energy and was loud,” he said.
The actor, who has earlier donned a female character in 2006 comedy ‘Apna Sapna Money Money’, said he feels great to receive compliments for his look as he puts a lot of hard work in it.
“I feel as much happy as a girl would be if she gets compliments for her look. My wife hates it though, because she feels I do it very well,” Riteish said.