Saturday, Nov 22, 2014

Rishi Kapoor: Sorry that Ranbir, Neetu and I did ‘Besharam’

Rishi Kapoor also said, “Abhinav Kashyap was over confident, still high on the success of 'Dabangg'.” Rishi Kapoor also said, “Abhinav Kashyap was over confident, still high on the success of 'Dabangg'.”
Written by Divya Goyal , Edited by Sarika Sharma | New Delhi | Posted: April 16, 2014 9:44 am

Veteran actor Rishi Kapoor ‘apologised’ for being a part of director Abhinav Kashyap’s ‘Besharam’, which also starred his wife, actress Neetu Singh and son Ranbir Kapoor in the lead.

In an interview to a leading news daily, Rishi Kapoor further said that along with him, Neetu and Ranbir were also ‘sorry’ for having worked in ‘Besharam’.

Read ‘Besharam’ Review: Even Ranbir Kapoor can’t save this one

“It was bloody disappointing. Neetu, Ranbir and I are all sorry we did that film. When Abhinav approached us, I thought it would be an entertaining film but it went terribly wrong. He was over confident, still high on the success of Dabangg. However if he comes up with a better script, may be I’ll work with him again,” said Rishi Kapoor in the interview.

‘Besharam’ was panned by critics and reviewers even wondered that why did Ranbir even choose to work in such a movie. Prior to ‘Besharam’, Ranbir Kapoor was riding high on three back-to-back hits ‘Rockstar’, ‘Barfi!’, ‘Yeh Jawaani Hai Dewaani’.

‘Besharam’, which released last year, was the first time where the three Kapoors shared screen space.

Ranbir, Neetu and Rishi Kapoor were excited about the project and at that time, Ranbir also said that ‘Besharam’ is a trial run for him to work with his father together, (maybe) under his own production banner – Picture Shuru – which he co-owns with his ‘Barfi!’ director Anurag Basu.

comments powered by Disqus