Today is the 76th birth anniversary of Amjad Khan, who played one of the most iconic villains – Gabbar Singh – on the silver screen. Though Amjad Khan is no more, his fans never seize to remember him. On his birthday too, social media kept abuzz with birthday messages for him. And among many, veteran actor Rishi Kapoor also had an adorable wish for his ‘Big Bear’.
It is astonishing to note, that Amjad Khan was not the first choice for the role of Gabbar Singh in Sholay. Apparently, scriptwriters of Sholay – Javed Akhtar and Salim Khan weren’t convinced that his voice could suit the character of Gabbar. But who would’ve thought he would eventually go down history as the most iconic villain of Bollywood.
Rishi Kapoor remembered the actor and his co-star in many films on his birth anniversary. Kapoor has worked with Khan in films like Zamaane Ko Dikhana Hai, Naseeb, Hum Kisise Kum Nahi, Chala Murari Hero Banne, Naqab and Ginny Aur Johnny. Rishi wrote on Twitter, “Happy Birthday Big Bear Amjad Khan. Remembering you. Baby Bear.”
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
Happy Birthday Big Bear Amjad Khan-Remembering you-Baby Bear 🐻 pic.twitter.com/fsBPs2NB7x
— Rishi Kapoor (@chintskap) November 12, 2016
Amjad Khan had a charisma that made him the best choice to play a baddie onscreen. Though known to be a highly soft-spoken person in real life, what he depicted in films still remains unmatchable. He was addicted to tea on the sets and even ended up drinking about 30 cups a day. One day the actor couldn’t have tea since the milk was over. The next day, he brought two buffaloes on the set so that there was a smooth availability of tea on the sets. The legendary actor, indeed also had a big heart.