VJ turned actor Ayushmann Khurrana says he has learnt to be a one-take artiste thanks to industry veteran Rishi Kapoor with whom he is sharing screen space in their upcoming film ‘Bewakoofiyan’.
It is for the first time that Ayushmann will be seen with the senior actor in a film, which stars Sonam Kapoor as the female lead. Rishi is known to be temperamental but Ayushmann had a good experience of working him.
“He cannot tolerate incompetency, he wants everybody around him to be competent and should be professional. I think it just rubs on you because if you are a learner in life then you need to take cues from an experienced actor like him,” Ayushmann told PTI.
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
“He believes in giving one take shot as he feels it becomes mechanical if you give more than two takes. I think I have become a one-take artist because of him,” he said.
Speaking on the title of the film, Ayushmann admitted that he too has committed his share of mistakes in life.
“I have committed my own set of blunders while anchoring. In personal life I have done lots of Bewakoofiyan like when I got married I just had Rs 10,000 in my hand. I had spent all the money that I had earned for my wedding and honeymoon,” he said.
“But it seems destiny had something else in store for me. It could have been a ‘Bewakoofi’ (foolish) if you are not settled and you are getting married, as it becomes difficult,” he added.
The film, directed by Nupur Asthana, is a love story set in times of recession.
“I am affected by recession… I am jobless. My girlfriend (played by Sonam) earns more than me. Rishi Kapoor is playing Sonam’s father in the film who is against their marriage.
“This guy has to make sure that her father is happy and they get married. I think every film has a one liner which are simple but how you treat the film is important,” he said.
The promotions of this film started a bit late but Ayushmann is happy with the way things are shaping up. It is set to release this Friday.
“My films are never promoted ‘Vicky Donor’ or ‘Nautanki Saala’… I don’t know how it is to be on the other side. I am sure they (makers of ‘Bewakoofiyan’) have certain strategy in mind and it will do well,” he added.