VJ turned actor Ayushmann Khurrana says he has learnt to be a one-take artiste thanks to industry veteran Rishi Kapoor with whom he is sharing screen space in their upcoming film ‘Bewakoofiyan’.
It is for the first time that Ayushmann will be seen with the senior actor in a film, which stars Sonam Kapoor as the female lead. Rishi is known to be temperamental but Ayushmann had a good experience of working him.
“He cannot tolerate incompetency, he wants everybody around him to be competent and should be professional. I think it just rubs on you because if you are a learner in life then you need to take cues from an experienced actor like him,” Ayushmann told PTI.
“He believes in giving one take shot as he feels it becomes mechanical if you give more than two takes. I think I have become a one-take artist because of him,” he said.
Speaking on the title of the film, Ayushmann admitted that he too has committed his share of mistakes in life.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
“I have committed my own set of blunders while anchoring. In personal life I have done lots of Bewakoofiyan like when I got married I just had Rs 10,000 in my hand. I had spent all the money that I had earned for my wedding and honeymoon,” he said.
“But it seems destiny had something else in store for me. It could have been a ‘Bewakoofi’ (foolish) if you are not settled and you are getting married, as it becomes difficult,” he added.
The film, directed by Nupur Asthana, is a love story set in times of recession.
“I am affected by recession… I am jobless. My girlfriend (played by Sonam) earns more than me. Rishi Kapoor is playing Sonam’s father in the film who is against their marriage.
“This guy has to make sure that her father is happy and they get married. I think every film has a one liner which are simple but how you treat the film is important,” he said.
The promotions of this film started a bit late but Ayushmann is happy with the way things are shaping up. It is set to release this Friday.
“My films are never promoted ‘Vicky Donor’ or ‘Nautanki Saala’… I don’t know how it is to be on the other side. I am sure they (makers of ‘Bewakoofiyan’) have certain strategy in mind and it will do well,” he added.