Ahead of its release on Independence Day, Rohit Shetty’s ‘Singham Returns’ has been hit by a controversy after a right-wing Hindu organisation has asked the Censor Board of Film Certification (CBFC) to put a ban on the film.
Hindu Janajagruti Samiti (HJS) has written to the CBFC, citing that the film depicts Hindu saints in a bad light, which hurts the religious sentiment of the believers of
HJS National Secretary Ramesh Shinde, told PTI that the trailer of the film, uploaded online shows a Hindu saint as a ‘villain’.
“They have shown that actor Ajay Devgn, who plays a role of police officer speaks of hitting the saint, while he is seen offering prayer at a mosque in uniform, and saluting a Muslim priest. This is going to create wrong impression about the Hindu religion,” he said.
Shinde said, “If the producer of the film goes ahead with the release without cutting the scenes (defaming a Hindu saint), we will hold demonstrations across the country.”
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
‘Singham Returns’ has also been shot in Goa, besides Hyderabad and Mumbai.