Filmmaker Bejoy Nambiar, who feels “ridiculous things” are happening in the censor board, says there needs to be uniformity regarding censorship of content in Indian cinema.
Asked about his views on the strictness of the Central Board of Film Certification (CBFC), Nambiar said: “Some ridiculous things are happening in the censor board. I think it’s high time we take a uniform decision about what kind of content we should be allowed to watch.
“If this kind of discussion is consistently happening (what and what not to allow), it means there is definitely a problem… which has not happened earlier. It’s high time we get a certificate rating like we have in the west,” he added.
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Audience Reaction: Ranbir, Aishwarya, Anushka Starrer Gets A Thumbs Up
- Bigg Boss 10, October 27 Review: Navin, Lokesh Fights During The Immunity Task
- Shivaay Audience Reaction: Ajay Devgn Impresses Viewers
- Pakistan High Commission Staffer Caught With Defence Documents: What It Means For India & Pakistan
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
Bejoy is currently busy promoting his film “Wazir”, which has megastar Amitabh Bachchan and Farhan Akhtar.
He says working with stars has its pros and cons.
“They come with an aura which makes things easy, but the disadvantage is that you have to make sure that the story complements the aura well. Certain stars might be huge, but they won’t fit the part… So that’s also an easy trap to fall into,” he added.