Goa-born designer sisters Riddhi and Siddhi Mapxencar have styled the look of actress Shruti Haasan for an item song in upcoming Hindi movie ‘Tevar’.
Shruti, 28, would be seen in a maroon bustier and skirt in the number. Her costumes are specially custom made keeping in mind the requirement of the song, the designer duo told PTI.
Riddhi and Siddhi, who have styled many Bollywood actresses including Katrina Kaif, Sonakshi Sinha and Ileana D’cruz, said the whole process of designing the ‘Ramaiya Vastavaiya’ star was exciting as they had never designed any celebrity for an item number.
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
“The stylist of this item song, Tanya Ghavri, had decided a specific look for the number. With a lot of brainstorming and different ideas, we unanimously decided on a tattered skirt and halter blouse with lot of antique gold jewellery detail on it,” said the duo. “We really enjoyed working on this project for Shruti Haasan and it’s always pleasure working with Tanya Ghavri,” they added.
An item song costume has so many different aspects to it. “Most importantly, it has to be comfortable to dance,” they added.
‘Tevar’, scheduled to release on January 9 next year, is an action-romance film directed by Amit Sharma and written by Gunasekhar.