Actress Richa Chadha, who is gearing up to attend the 15th edition of the Marrakech International Film Festival, says she wants to hold a special screening of her internationally acclaimed film “Masaan” for Oscar-winning Hollywood filmmaker Francis Ford Coppola.
Coppola, best known for directing films like “The Godfather” trilogy and “Apocalypse Now”, will be heading the festival’s jury this year that also includes the “Fukrey” actress.
Richa, a huge fan of Coppola’s work, wants to capitalise this opportunity to hold a special screening of her film.
“I’m really looking forward to the Marrakech International Film Festival. I’m passionate about cinema and to get the chance to watch amazing movies and interact with the other jury members and film people from all over the world is exciting,” Richa said in a statement.
“’Masaan’ is a very special film for me. I would love to show it to Coppola, because it was truly world cinema,” she added.
- Richa Chadha: It is a good thing Bollywood actresses are speaking up
- Ali Fazal discussed Marlon Brando with Francis Ford Coppola
- Richa Chadha answers fan mail with translator’s help
- Richa Chadha on jury of Marrakech Film Festival 2015
- Richa Chadha will miss ‘Masaan’ screening in Busan
- Richa Chadha’s ‘Masaan’ premieres in India
Directed by Neeraj Ghaywan, “Masaan”, which released on July 24 in India, was screened in the Un Certain Regard section at the Cannes International Film Festival earlier this year.
The film won the FIPRESCI Prize in the Un Certain Regard section and a ‘Promising Future’ prize for debut films.