Actress Richa Chadha is set to meet Indian death row prisoner Sarabjit Singh’s wife Sukhpreet, who she is playing in the upcoming Omung Kumar-directed biopic.
“Sarbjit” is narrated through the perspective of the prisoner’s sister Dalbir Kaur, played by Aishwarya Rai Bachchan. Randeep Hooda stars in the titular character.
- Richa Chadha missed Sarbjit promotions due to Love Sonia
- Richa Chadha nervous over Cabaret
- Real life films are more exciting: Richa Chadha on Sarbjit
- Real life films are more exciting: Richa Chadha
- Richa Chadha leaves for Amritsar to shoot for 'Sarbjit'
- Omung Kumar most meticulous director: Richa Chadha
The cast and crew have begun the third schedule and will be shooting in villages of Punjab, which are relevant to the events in Sarabjit’s life.
“I am delighted to be able to meet with Sukhpreet. There’s an added responsibility while working on characters based on real people, and I think I ‘ll definitely convey the human aspect of this story in the best manner,” Richa said in a statement.
The film also features Darshan Kumar as Awais Sheik, a Pakistani lawyer, who left no stone unturned to get justice for Sarabjit.
The film will hit theatres on May 19.