“Cabaret” lead actor Richa Chadha is the hero of the film, says producer Pooja Bhatt.
“Richa’s character in the film is a very strong character. She is the hero of the film. She is the whole and soul of the film,” said Pooja at the location shoot of the film on Tuesday.
Richa had reportedly fallen ill after she had smoked cigarettes for a scene in the film, since she is a non-smoker in real life. She had to take a break of a couple of days to get back to the sets.
Considering the title, it is obvious that the film will draw references to veteran cabaret dancer Helen. But Pooja denied that it is inspired from Helen’s life. (Read: Rahul Roy to do cameo in Richa Chadha’s ‘Cabaret’ with ‘Aashiqui’ touch)
“The film is not inspired by anyone. It’s based on the lives of celebrities and incidents related to the functioning of the film industry. The film is inspired by life and nothing else. It is the media which has said that it is inspired by Helen,” she said. (Also read: ‘Cabaret’ film not based on dance form: Richa Chadha)
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
Pooja had shared Richa’s look in the film on social media, which has generated sufficient buzz. The film has been directed by Kaustav Narayan Niyogi and produced by Pooja Bhatt and Bhushan Kumar. The film also marks the debut of cricketer S. Sreesanth.