“Cabaret” lead actor Richa Chadha is the hero of the film, says producer Pooja Bhatt.
“Richa’s character in the film is a very strong character. She is the hero of the film. She is the whole and soul of the film,” said Pooja at the location shoot of the film on Tuesday.
Richa had reportedly fallen ill after she had smoked cigarettes for a scene in the film, since she is a non-smoker in real life. She had to take a break of a couple of days to get back to the sets.
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
Considering the title, it is obvious that the film will draw references to veteran cabaret dancer Helen. But Pooja denied that it is inspired from Helen’s life. (Read: Rahul Roy to do cameo in Richa Chadha’s ‘Cabaret’ with ‘Aashiqui’ touch)
“The film is not inspired by anyone. It’s based on the lives of celebrities and incidents related to the functioning of the film industry. The film is inspired by life and nothing else. It is the media which has said that it is inspired by Helen,” she said. (Also read: ‘Cabaret’ film not based on dance form: Richa Chadha)
Pooja had shared Richa’s look in the film on social media, which has generated sufficient buzz. The film has been directed by Kaustav Narayan Niyogi and produced by Pooja Bhatt and Bhushan Kumar. The film also marks the debut of cricketer S. Sreesanth.