Actor Zakir Hussain, who plays a politician in the recently released film ‘Revolver Rani‘, is gearing up to work with Bollywood megastar Amitabh Bachchan in a new TV show.
The actor will have a prominent role in the fictional show which will be directed by filmmaker Anurag Kashyap, who has made films like ‘Gulal’, ‘Black Friday’ and ‘Gangs of Wasseypur’.
“I am currently preparing for the television show which also stars Amitabh Bachchan,” said Zakir Hussain. The actor has starred in movies like ‘Sarkar’, ‘Johnny Gaddaar’ and the critically acclaimed ‘Paan Singh Tomar’.
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
- Hillary Clinton accuses Donald Trump of being Vladimir Putin’s ‘puppet’
- Senior UP Congress Leader Rita Bahuguna Joshi Joins BJP
- Missing JNU Student: VC Gives Ultimatum To Students Over ‘Illegal Confinement’
When asked about his role of an opportunistic politician in ‘Revolver Rani’ that stars Kangana Ranaut in the lead, Hussain said he was confident that his role would be received well by the audience despite being negative.
The movie, which was released last Friday, also stars Piyush Mishra and Vir Das. “I firmly believe that audience will like and appreciate my role despite it being negative. I play an opportunistic politician in the film, who does not care about morality. The story reminds one about the the kind of politics taking place in a small town,” Hussain said.
Born in Meerut, the actor received his education in Delhi. After graduating from National School of Drama in 1993, Zakir Hussain headed to Bombay to fulfill his acting dream.
He began his acting journey in the industry with TV shows ‘Firdaus’, ‘Kitty Party’ and ‘Gaatha’. But it was only in 2004 that he made his Bollywood debut with Sriram Raghavan’s ‘Ek Hasina Thi’.
Zakir Hussain’s performance in his debut film earned him a place in Ram Gopal Varma’s much talked about thriller ‘Sarkar’ for which he received rave reviews. He has since starred in several of Varma’s films.