The actor will have a prominent role in the fictional show which will be directed by filmmaker Anurag Kashyap, who has made films like ‘Gulal’, ‘Black Friday’ and ‘Gangs of Wasseypur’.
“I am currently preparing for the television show which also stars Amitabh Bachchan,” said Zakir Hussain. The actor has starred in movies like ‘Sarkar’, ‘Johnny Gaddaar’ and the critically acclaimed ‘Paan Singh Tomar’.
When asked about his role of an opportunistic politician in ‘Revolver Rani’ that stars Kangana Ranaut in the lead, Hussain said he was confident that his role would be received well by the audience despite being negative.
The movie, which was released last Friday, also stars Piyush Mishra and Vir Das. “I firmly believe that audience will like and appreciate my role despite it being negative. I play an opportunistic politician in the film, who does not care about morality. The story reminds one about the the kind of politics taking place in a small town,” Hussain said.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
Born in Meerut, the actor received his education in Delhi. After graduating from National School of Drama in 1993, Zakir Hussain headed to Bombay to fulfill his acting dream.
He began his acting journey in the industry with TV shows ‘Firdaus’, ‘Kitty Party’ and ‘Gaatha’. But it was only in 2004 that he made his Bollywood debut with Sriram Raghavan’s ‘Ek Hasina Thi’.
Zakir Hussain’s performance in his debut film earned him a place in Ram Gopal Varma’s much talked about thriller ‘Sarkar’ for which he received rave reviews. He has since starred in several of Varma’s films.