Bollywood actress Mallika Sherawat is all set to waltz around on the red carpet of the Cannes film Festival yet again, which kicks off on May 16. The ‘Murder’ actress has been invited to inaugurate the CII Pavilion at the 67th Cannes Film Festival.
Mallika Sherawat wasted no time in declaring how proud she was on social networking site Twitter. “Feeling honored to be invited to inaugurate the CII Pavilion at the Cannes Film Festival 2014,” Maliika said.
The actress, who has been away form limelight for quite some time now, is sure to return with a bang at this years’ Cannes Film Festival.
Mallika shared a sketch of her outfit for this year, which has been designed by Manish Tripathi. The outfit features a white lehenga with dull gold zari and mother of pearl detailing coupled with a silk bodice with fine zari and bead work.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
Mallika Sherawat, who will be soon seen in American TV series ‘Hawaii’, made her Cannes debut way back in 2005. She was then promoting her film ‘The Myth’ with Jackie Chan. Mallika was criticised for her over exposing look in the thigh-high slit lehenga-skirt and choli.
Mallika Sherawat, however seems to have learnt her lesson, as she was next seen in a shimering golden cut-out gown in 2010. Mallika was there to promote her film ‘Hiss’.
Mallika Sherawat’s second outing that year was for the premiere of ‘Wall Street: Money Never Sleeps’ to which she wore a nude bustier frock dress with ruffled up hairdo
But in 2011, Mallika made another fashion faux pas in a beaded-lace see-through Eric Tibusch gown at the screening of ‘The Pirates Of The Carribean’.
In 2012, Mallika Sherawat rocked the Cannes red carpet in a rather bold nude-coloured gown, with a high neck and a dangerous low back.
Mallika Sherawat, who has not shied away from bold looks (…ever) took a rather chic route in 2013. Mallika upped her game last year as she impressed us – first in a full-skirted lace strapless gown by Dolce & Gabbana. Next at ‘The Great Gatsby’ screening, she picked a gold beaded dress by Emilio Pucci. And finally at the amfAr gala, where Mallika opted for Dolce & Gabbana again, she looked pretty in a lace full-sleeve gown featuring a full skirt.