Bollywood actress Mallika Sherawat is all set to waltz around on the red carpet of the Cannes film Festival yet again, which kicks off on May 16. The ‘Murder’ actress has been invited to inaugurate the CII Pavilion at the 67th Cannes Film Festival.
Mallika Sherawat wasted no time in declaring how proud she was on social networking site Twitter. “Feeling honored to be invited to inaugurate the CII Pavilion at the Cannes Film Festival 2014,” Maliika said.
The actress, who has been away form limelight for quite some time now, is sure to return with a bang at this years’ Cannes Film Festival.
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
- Hillary Clinton accuses Donald Trump of being Vladimir Putin’s ‘puppet’
- Senior UP Congress Leader Rita Bahuguna Joshi Joins BJP
- Missing JNU Student: VC Gives Ultimatum To Students Over ‘Illegal Confinement’
- US Presidential Debate: Donald Trump Calls Hillary Clinton ‘A Nasty Woman’
- Hasselblad True Zoom Mod Review
- Honor 8 First Look Video
- Apple Watch 2: Review, Price And Features
- Delhi HC Dismisses Kejriwal’s Plea For Stay In Criminal Defamation Case
- Gulzar Shares An Interesting Anecdote Behind The Lyrics of ‘Humne Dekhi Hai’ Song
- Diya Mirza Displays Her Painting Skills At An Art Festival In Mumbai
Mallika shared a sketch of her outfit for this year, which has been designed by Manish Tripathi. The outfit features a white lehenga with dull gold zari and mother of pearl detailing coupled with a silk bodice with fine zari and bead work.
Mallika Sherawat is feeling nostalgic about her previous visits at the prestigious film festival, which is frequented by Bollywood celebs like Aishwarya Rai Bachchan, Sonam Kapoor, among others.
Mallika Sherawat, who will be soon seen in American TV series ‘Hawaii’, made her Cannes debut way back in 2005. She was then promoting her film ‘The Myth’ with Jackie Chan. Mallika was criticised for her over exposing look in the thigh-high slit lehenga-skirt and choli.
Mallika Sherawat, however seems to have learnt her lesson, as she was next seen in a shimering golden cut-out gown in 2010. Mallika was there to promote her film ‘Hiss’.
Mallika Sherawat’s second outing that year was for the premiere of ‘Wall Street: Money Never Sleeps’ to which she wore a nude bustier frock dress with ruffled up hairdo
But in 2011, Mallika made another fashion faux pas in a beaded-lace see-through Eric Tibusch gown at the screening of ‘The Pirates Of The Carribean’.
In 2012, Mallika Sherawat rocked the Cannes red carpet in a rather bold nude-coloured gown, with a high neck and a dangerous low back.
Mallika Sherawat, who has not shied away from bold looks (…ever) took a rather chic route in 2013. Mallika upped her game last year as she impressed us – first in a full-skirted lace strapless gown by Dolce & Gabbana. Next at ‘The Great Gatsby’ screening, she picked a gold beaded dress by Emilio Pucci. And finally at the amfAr gala, where Mallika opted for Dolce & Gabbana again, she looked pretty in a lace full-sleeve gown featuring a full skirt.