Actress Sonam Kapoor, who is stepping into the shoes of Rekha in the ‘Khoobsurat’ remake, says the legendary actress has always been her inspiration throughout her career.
Sonam, 28, made her debut in acting in 2005 with Sanjay Leela Bhansali’s romance ‘Saawariyan’. Though the film did not do well at the box-office, it opened doors for the ‘Raanjhanaa’ star in the industry.
In her next outing, the actress would be seen reprising the role of Manju Dayal in Hrishikesh Mukherjee’s 1980 classic.
“I am a big fan of Rekhaji. She has always been my inspiration throughout my career. She’s an inspiration for every actress in the industry. I had watched Hrishikesh Mukherjee’s ‘Khoobsurat’ and other films as well,” said Sonam, who was in the Capital to promote artist Rouble Nagi’s art charity for underprivileged kids.
The Bollywood fashionista is happy to be a part of the noble cause as she feels that the lack of education is holding India back.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
“I met Rouble through a common friend and when I heard that she is working to provide education to street kids through art. I decided to help her in every possible way. I always feel that education is a very important tool for a nation,” she said.
Sonam, who often lands in trouble for her tongue-in-cheek comments, again hogged the limelight for her recent potshot at actress Deepika Padukone on chat show ‘Koffee With Karan’.
Asked about the same, Sonam said, “I don’t want to comment on it. We are here for a charity cause.”
On the show, Sonam had said that Deepika has an over-enthusiastic PR team and no dressing sense of her own. Sonam had attended the talk show with her father Anil Kapoor.