An unpleasant Twitter war has broken out between Chandigarh’s celebrity contestants – Gul Panag of the Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) and Kirron Kher of the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP).
After wishing each other luck in elections, the ladies have been taking digs at each other on the social networking site.
It all began with Gul, who was not too pleased when the BJP publicised one of her tweets praising Narendra Modi, which said, “When it is between the fire & the frying pan- when you’ve been roasted long enough in the former- might as well try the latter??No? #NaMo4PM”. The actress shared the tweet titling it trip down memory lane.
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
- Hillary Clinton accuses Donald Trump of being Vladimir Putin’s ‘puppet’
- Senior UP Congress Leader Rita Bahuguna Joshi Joins BJP
- Missing JNU Student: VC Gives Ultimatum To Students Over ‘Illegal Confinement’
- US Presidential Debate: Donald Trump Calls Hillary Clinton ‘A Nasty Woman’
- Hasselblad True Zoom Mod Review
- Honor 8 First Look Video
- Apple Watch 2: Review, Price And Features
- Delhi HC Dismisses Kejriwal’s Plea For Stay In Criminal Defamation Case
- Gulzar Shares An Interesting Anecdote Behind The Lyrics of ‘Humne Dekhi Hai’ Song
- Diya Mirza Displays Her Painting Skills At An Art Festival In Mumbai
In the meantime Kirron Kher made her Twitter debut. Husband Anupam Kher welcomed her, “Finally Kirron ji has decided to be on twitter. So friends! Send her your love, warmth & best wishes at @KirronKherBJP :)”
Gul further launched a direct attack on the senior actress saying, “Doubt if I’ll have the energy to run around like this and serve my people, when I’m 60. I guess that’s why there’s normally a retirement age.”
Doubt if I’ll have the energy to run around like this and serve my people, when I’m 60.I guess that’s why there’s normally a retirement age.
— Gul Panag (@GulPanag) March 19, 2014
To which Kirron replied, “My father is 101 years old and still happening. He said,” Good Luck Puttar. You have Always been winner.” For me Life starts at 60.”
This tweet was in fact retweeted later by Gul herself.
However, Kirron took the tweet-war further with, “I may not be a marathon runner but I know Slow and Steady wins the race. I love the Josh in our Karyakartas.”
Husband Anupam Kher has been openly supporting his wife and retweeting all her posts. “Anupam Kher @AnupamPkher: The daughter (Kirron Ji) has now returned to her Maika, her Home to serve her people since her husband & son can take care of themselves.:),” posted the actor.
Kirron Kher has received support from the industry as well. Tusshar @TusshKapoor: @AnupamPkher ji, really proud of @KirronKherBJP & the step she has taken for our country, all the best to you both, you are too good in MTH!
Indian academic and writer Madhu Kishwar also tweeted her support, Madhu Kishwar @madhukishwar: Kirron Kher is a heavy weight in every sense in comparison to feather light Gul Panag!