While Ranveer Singh is basking in the glory of his performance in “Bajirao Mastani”, actress Sonakshi Sinha feels the actor is going to sweep all the awards this year.
Ranveer essayed the role of Maratha warrior Peshwa Bajirao 1 in the Sanjay Leela Bhansali directed period-drama.
When asked which performances she liked in the year 2015, Sonakshi told reporters, “Varun (Dhawan) did a fantastic job in ‘Badlapur’, actually the entire team of Nawazuddin, Yami and Divya Dutta. Other than that, I think Ranveer in Bajirao was something else. I have no words for it. I think he is going to win all the awards this year.”
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
The 28-year-old actress was speaking at the press conference of 61st Britannia Filmfare Awards 2015.
Sonakshi, who made her Bollywood debut opposite superstar Salman Khan in “Dabangg”, said she never wanted to be an actress but “Chak De India” and “Aaja Nachle” were two films that inspired her.
“Growing up I never wanted to be an actor. I neither grew up on films, nor on watching performances… But, when I was in school or college, ‘Chak De India’ had released. The actor who played the ‘hatti-katti’ Punjabi hockey player, I saw that and thought it would be fun to play this role. (read: Deepika, Ranveer’s ‘Bajirao Mastani’ box office collections unstoppable, earns Rs.162.35 cr)
“That was the first instance I ever imagined myself wanting to play a role. Other than that, ‘Aaja Nachle’ of Madhuri Dixit, I watched the entire film and I was blown. I said if I’ll dance I’ll dance like that (in the film) otherwise I won’t.”
The actress is currently elated with the response to her maiden single “Aaj mood Ishqholic hai” and plans to sing more songs in the future.
“I don’t want it to be a one-off thing. Music i something I am very passionate about. The response to the song has been fantastic so that gives me the confidence to do more in that space, do more songs. It’s basically a passion project,” she added.