While Ranveer Singh is basking in the glory of his performance in “Bajirao Mastani”, actress Sonakshi Sinha feels the actor is going to sweep all the awards this year.
Ranveer essayed the role of Maratha warrior Peshwa Bajirao 1 in the Sanjay Leela Bhansali directed period-drama.
When asked which performances she liked in the year 2015, Sonakshi told reporters, “Varun (Dhawan) did a fantastic job in ‘Badlapur’, actually the entire team of Nawazuddin, Yami and Divya Dutta. Other than that, I think Ranveer in Bajirao was something else. I have no words for it. I think he is going to win all the awards this year.”
The 28-year-old actress was speaking at the press conference of 61st Britannia Filmfare Awards 2015.
Sonakshi, who made her Bollywood debut opposite superstar Salman Khan in “Dabangg”, said she never wanted to be an actress but “Chak De India” and “Aaja Nachle” were two films that inspired her.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
“Growing up I never wanted to be an actor. I neither grew up on films, nor on watching performances… But, when I was in school or college, ‘Chak De India’ had released. The actor who played the ‘hatti-katti’ Punjabi hockey player, I saw that and thought it would be fun to play this role. (read: Deepika, Ranveer’s ‘Bajirao Mastani’ box office collections unstoppable, earns Rs.162.35 cr)
“That was the first instance I ever imagined myself wanting to play a role. Other than that, ‘Aaja Nachle’ of Madhuri Dixit, I watched the entire film and I was blown. I said if I’ll dance I’ll dance like that (in the film) otherwise I won’t.”
The actress is currently elated with the response to her maiden single “Aaj mood Ishqholic hai” and plans to sing more songs in the future.
“I don’t want it to be a one-off thing. Music i something I am very passionate about. The response to the song has been fantastic so that gives me the confidence to do more in that space, do more songs. It’s basically a passion project,” she added.